2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

First post, help with 1999 Blazer (A/C problem)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
crasy is on a distinguished road

It cost me $60. Problem still seems to be fixed and ive had the ac on full blast since it was fixed.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Beginning Member
RomanCatholic is on a distinguished road

I think I am going to try having it charged again.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Beginning Member

Took it to the mechanic, turns out it was the CPU. It wasn't controlling a valve correctly. I believe the good samaritan who started taking my truck apart likely shorted something out by connecting wires every which way.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 AM
cccfabioccc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manual A/C

i have a 1996 Jimmy, i have read all this about the automatic climate control. problem is my A/C is manual, I was just thinking it was a issue with the air temp being 115 degres (las vegas) yesterday one of my friends was over with his 1993 blazer, crazy thing was his air is ice cold and mine goes hot then cold only under acceleration.

Let me explain: I think there is something wacky with the wiring in my car. this is the same truck that the turn signal indicators (but not the physical lights) turn on when the headlights are on. even after replacing the hazard module and combo switch. Ok at idle the air is cool not cold at 2400rpms the air is hot (air temp outside hot) if i punch it it stays cold for the most part. When i accel. slowly i can feel the compressor kick off and the rpms jump a little and the acceleration is faster. MY understanding is that is the pressure switch.

I have autozone can recharged the a/c at 55psi as the can suggested with no luck.

Other thing under steady acceleration (freeway onramp) where accel stays just shy of 3k rpms, the air stays on full blast but the air starts coming out of the defrost vents. only till i let of the accelerator then it comes back out the up vents.

Let me know as i am scratching my head.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 AM
cccfabioccc is an unknown quantity at this point

No ideas?

Old 08-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Beginning Member
Default Finally fixed it

Well it wasn't the Computer Climate Control. I purchased another CCC from eBay and I continued to have the same problem. Decided to look at the gear box sitting on top of the HVAC and that was the problem. I rotated the gear 180 degree's so the crack wouldn't interact with the other gears and it seems to be working. Where can I buy a new gear?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Beginning Member
crasy is on a distinguished road

I couldnt find anywhere to buy the gear by itself, but when i was troubleshooting the problem i bought a new actuator box and looked inside. On the new boxes all the gears are changed and they look to be built better. The actuator cost less than 150 i think.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot purchase the gear separately. It comes as an assembly with the actuator. You could try to have a ring machined to hold the gear together or possibly try to locate a gear that is the same size... I would have to get my hands on one of these to see what I can locate.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Beginning Member
brcidd is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a box of all different style actuators-- and I take them apart and swap the gears when this happens- works every time- all the gears are alike- just the circuit board is different--so if you want- just get any actuator GM from a salvage yard for $5 and then swap the gears....with yours..