2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel pressure

I have looked at many posts in the past and have been having problems with acceleration. I havereplaced the key components. my question is the fuel pressure at the schader valve supposed to hold between 50-60 psi with the key off.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fuel pressure

After you have turned the key from 'on' to 'off' the pressure should not drop below 51psi.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the basics of loss of fuel pressure but what exactly is the sequence for determining why one would be loosing pressure. my fuel pump is 7 months old(from AUTOZONE), of course, and would like for this $300+ part to be the defective one. I have checked only at the schraer valve for the pressure drop. I don't want to nickle and dime myself with replacing various parts as the numberous topics under "search" have indicated. There have been alot of threads related to this topic, but nobody has come back with a reply as to what their end result was. My Blazer will run great at start, but gradually decrease power as I drive, when it will start "cutting" out all I usually have to do is put the car in neutral, turn the key back, let it prime and restart it and can usally continue driving sometimes it requires multiple restarts. It gets even worse on gradual inclines. Is maybe the pump overheating at this point? I have read numberous posts on this topic and tried many possibilites but cannot "fix" it. By checking at the shrader valveVS the filter eliminate the FPR? Any leads/ comments will be appreciated.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would put the pressure gauge on and get it so you can see it while driving (maybe remove the hood). Watch the pressure. If it drops while you are driving with a new filter, I would try changing the filter again. If you have not replaced the filter, do so now.

There are only a few reasons for a vehicle to loose pressure with increased demand. Here are the ones I can think of:
[ul][*]kinked or dimpled supply line restricting flow[*]plugged or defective fuel filter[*]weak fuel pump unable to supply proper pressure with demand
[/ul]