2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel? pressure? issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
dcherry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel? pressure? issues?

So, my driveway is at an angle and when I pull up in it and leave my vehicle overnight, in the morning, it won't start. It will crank only. If gasoline is poured in the intake it will start. I haven't had any issues with it stalling on me or anything... I'm going to get the pump replaced, but am now worried it may not be the issue........ any suggestions before I spend too much money???

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

sorry!! This is a 96 Blazer

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the edit feature to add additional information to your post if another member has not yet replied. Consecutive posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum. You may bump a post if another member has not replied after 24 hours.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Default RE: fuel? pressure? issues?

sorry!! This is a 96 Blazer

Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should start with testing your fuel pressure. Check out THIS POST.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Beginning Member
Clay_Assassin is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle is correct, and changing the fuel pump can be a difficult job.
And costly. I paid ~800 bucks to have it replaced, and they had my truck for the day.

I did not want to deal with the issues involved in the removal of the gas tank, or jacking the body off the frame like the dealer will.

A fuel pressure gauge can be had for $25.00. Go get one.

If your a young guy, you will use these tools the rest of your life. Dont be afraid to buy the right tools.
They will pay for themselves in the end.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 AM

Thanks. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this... I am a young woman; first off ! I don't know how to check the fuel pressure but am sure I can read up on it and figure it out...
So, in the meantime, I have replaced the fuel pump... it started up nice for a few days, but now the same issue is starting. It takes a couple time for it to start and then it just doesn't... Possible fuel filter issue???
I am getting the fuel filter changed next week. I tried to do it, but I can't get one of the sides free. I took it up to Tuffy and they couldn't either.. Here's hoping another location can help me. I'm also getting new plugs and wires done tonight. Lord, by the time I'm done with this damned thing, I'll have a new vehicle besides the rust forming.
I really appreciate any suggestions!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 AM
rmv42158 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the fuel pressure regulator. That's what mine turned out to be. It's under the the top plastic cover on the intake manifold with the spider injectors.Now it starts like a champ. They list for 50-60 bucks. I got mine off ebay for $28.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
maki3242@gmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point

More then likely the regulator/and or the spider.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely recommend investing in a simple fuel pressure gauge (tester) before jumping to the conclusion that the regulator or spider is at fault.