2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 95Jimmy
I'm assuming your Blazer is similar to my 95- I'm sure there are some small differences. The ends of the straps fit into notches on the frame-then the bolt secures the straps. The auto parts store will have the sock. When you order a fuel pump the people there usually know to tell you you will need a new one. I had to order the Delphi and sock- took a few days for Advance Auto Parts to get it.
Ok. Thanks alot for your help.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:29 PM

So when I go to the parts store or Ebay, which parts do I actually need to get to do all this? I already know:

-Fuel Pump w/ sender
-Tank Straps
-Locking Ring
-Seal
-Fuel Pump Strainer
-Jackstands x 2(I figure I'll put the front end on the oil change ramps and jack up the rear and put the jackstands under it so I can drop the tank.

Am I forgetting anything? What else am I missing? What tools would I need? I might do this within a couple weeks.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ComputerNerdBD
So when I go to the parts store or Ebay, which parts do I actually need to get to do all this? I already know:

-Fuel Pump w/ sender
-Tank Straps
-Locking Ring
-Seal
-Fuel Pump Strainer
-Jackstands x 2(I figure I'll put the front end on the oil change ramps and jack up the rear and put the jackstands under it so I can drop the tank.

Am I forgetting anything? What else am I missing? What tools would I need? I might do this within a couple weeks.
Do you need a new locking ring? You should be able to reuse the one on the tank. The fuel pump should come with the seals for the lock ring. Other than that you'll just need a ratchet, sockets, extensions, etc. Depending on the condition of the fill hose and vent hose next to it you may want to get some of that. If you go to NAPA they can cut it there for you- it's not that easy to find. IIRC it's 2 inch for the fill hose but I'm not positive on that. Also I just jacked up the rear end- I didn't need to jack up the front.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 95Jimmy
Do you need a new locking ring? You should be able to reuse the one on the tank. The fuel pump should come with the seals for the lock ring. Other than that you'll just need a ratchet, sockets, extensions, etc. Depending on the condition of the fill hose and vent hose next to it you may want to get some of that. If you go to NAPA they can cut it there for you- it's not that easy to find. IIRC it's 2 inch for the fill hose but I'm not positive on that. Also I just jacked up the rear end- I didn't need to jack up the front.
I noticed that the fill tubes are heavily rusted up, but not leaking. Probably from snow getting kicked up by the tire during all of our snowstorms in NY State. Would it be a great idea to go on S-10 Warehouse on Ebay and order a new one? Or would I get by okay by covering it with Rust Converter and painting it?

Old 05-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Beginning Member
beatleb95 is on a distinguished road

my 95 4 door 4.3 v6 The fuel lines are like brake line with the fittings what do you recomend useing for a spray lubricant

why would some one put a lot of silcone around the sending unit hole?

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-09-2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by beatleb95
my 95 4 door 4.3 v6 The fuel lines are like brake line with the fittings what do you recomend useing for a spray lubricant
Aren't they hoses instead of metal pipes that connect to the fuel pump? I realize that the fuel lines are metal on top of the frame rail, but how do they actually hook to the fuel pump? If they are metal, how would I get to them before lowering the tank?