2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hard to start

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Starting Member
onder is on a distinguished road

ok i did a fuel pressure test again and guess what its still leaking so now im sure that the fuel pump is bad. i dont have much money to fix it right now but i will fix it soon. i bet your problem is the same if i were i would do a fuel pressure test and see what is going on.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

I understand funds are limited but, don't waste your time and money on an aftermarket pump, get an AC Delco or Delphi. Certain things you can cut corners on to save money, the fuel pump is not one of them.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Starting Member

I know i never bought a cheap after market parts to my Blazer i know that its bad for my truck. thats why im waiting. is there any bad side affect of waiting on that part?

Old 04-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by onder
...... Is there any bad side affect of waiting on that part?
It will eventually leave you stranded. If you consider that "bad", then yes.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Starting Member
ohiotruckerchris is on a distinguished road

hey, sounds like the spider injector unit, mine was doing the same, had to change that and it starts right up now. sorry to say its like $350 after tax tho. good luck!

oh and to explain the pressure leakdown, the stock unit is whats leaking and it drains into the intake. the stock unit has the injectors built into 1 pack with 6 lines going to each port, the new one is 6 individual injectors 1 at each port, bet thats your problem, parts counter at the dealer said they are going out like crazy.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-15-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Starting Member

Well, tomorrow or tuesday im replacing the fuel pump and i notice a sound in the engine. its like a tapping noise coming from the passenger side. im assuming its a bad lifter or a bad rocker arm. but im not really sure about it. what do you guys think. (side note i took my car to firestone for oil change and looks like the color of the oil and the amount of the oil they haven't changed my oil for last two times i took them.)

Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Starting Member

Problem solved it was my fuel pump now it starts up right away. but now i have to replace my wheel bearing hub and i dont know which one but i have to replace rocker arm.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Beginning Member
lbowlingl19 is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem with my 95 blazer losing fuel pressure. It turned out to be this check valve on the fuel pump was bleeding off and losing pressure. I removed it and replaced with a piece of hose and two clamps and it was good to go.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Starting Member

I took it to my mechanic and he did i am so busy with school and work i couldnt have time to do it. i have little time this saturday morning and im gonna be replacing my wheel hub bearing. i still have to look in to rocker arms to see if the noise is coming from there

Old 05-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Beginning Member
SlickBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
(FPR = fuel pressure regulator)

If the regulator was leaking fuel, you'd get a rich fuel mixture DTC, (diagnostic trouble code) and quite possibly a rich misfire. If fuel pressure is too low, you could expect a lean misfire and lean fuel mixture DTC, like your P0171. First step in driveability diagnosis on these engines is always fuel pressure and leakdown. If the pressure is low or the leak down is excessive, it doesn't tell you what the problem is, only that a problem exists, and further diagnosis is necessary.
hi i have a 1995 blazer engine code W doing the same thing i did a pressure test and leak down test fuel pressure was at 59 and held there for a bout 30 seconds or longer my blazer cranks OK and tries to fire but don't actually start if it does the exhaust comes out black

Last edited by SlickBlazer; 05-13-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Forgot engine code

Quick Reply: hard to start