2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

heat door actuator prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:56 AM
fencr3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heat door actuator prob

i have a 99 s-10 blazer, beginning of winter i lost control of my heat control(hot all the time). truck has computer climate control. so i took heat door actuator off and found that it had a broken gear in it so i changed the actuator. with the new one in all i get is half travel on the actuator,in otherwords the cold side closes off completely but the hot side only closes off half even with the a\c on. help out there somewhere

Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: heat door actuator prob

All I can think of is that either something is causing the door to stick or that the actuator is not seated on the locating tab.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:34 PM

ok thought of that and the actuator is not moving all the way from side to side in its own box. does anyone know if the heat door and the shaft that goes into the actuator are two pieces , maybe they could have turned out of alignment, also does anyone know of a site that has exploded view drawings on these vehicles?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 AM

ok anybody got help for me

Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: 20Blazer00

Need to know year make and model etc. Because some years are different....

Here is what I have found for a 1999 4wd Blazer......

Condition/Concern:

Replacement HVAC actuator that is inoperative or that has worked one time and quit. The HVAC control head learns the stopping points based on how far the HVAC DOOR travels. If the actuator reachs the mechanical stops on the back of the actuator it will be outside of the range that the HVAC control head can learn. If the actuator was not mounted to the hvac case prior to plugging in its connector, the actuator will go out of range and be inoperative.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Always attach the HVAC actuator to the case before installing the electrical connector. If an actuator is out of range, it may be possible to bring it back into range by following the procedure below: [ol][*]Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.[*]Connect a 3 amp fused jumper wire between the actuator control circuit and the 5 volt reference circuit of the actuator connector.[*]Remove the jumper wire and actuator connector when the actuator is at the center position.[*]If the actuator doesnot move in step 2. Try installing the jumper wire from control circuit and the ground circuit of the actuator.[*]With the actuator in the center position, install the actuator to the HVAC case and secure the mounting screws and then connect the actuator connector.[/ol]

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:41 PM
illtww is an unknown quantity at this point

Hilbilly Can you tell me what wire is ground / 5volt etc on the actuator connector? Need to get my girls car fiex this weekend.