2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help i think my blazer is dying

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:45 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Rotor pulls straight up. It can be difficult to get it off at times. If it does not want to come off easiely you could use a piece of would and a flat blade screwdriver to pry it up. Use the would as a lever.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:30 PM
camino88 is on a distinguished road

Ok i replaced the Distributor cap got out those piece of crap bosh plugs put int ac delcom in and put in a new ignition coil, and yes i made sure to put everything in the right order, but it is still strutting and sounds like crap any ideas.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

It will come down to spark or fuel related. Check spark with a timing light or pull a plug wire and install an old plug & have some one crank the engine while observing for spark accross the plug. If spark is good then it comes down to fuel or timing. I would verify the firing order to make sure no wires got crossed. You can try pouring a small amount of gas directly in the throttle body and see if it will start. If it starts then I would be checking fuel pressure. If it does not start I would verify timing by bringing the #1 plug to TDC and verifing that the rotor is pointing towards the number 1 plug location on the distributer cap. TDC can be achieved by pulling the number 1 plug rotating the engine at the crankshaft pulley and when you feel air coming through the plug opening you are on the compression stroke, continue rotating the engine untill the timing mark on the damper lines up with the 0 Degree mark on the timing indicator. Has the distributer been removed at all? I would really suspect a crossed plug wires. It does not hurt to double and tripple check the firing order. Could also be faulty fuel harness/injector. Are there any codes thrown?

Last edited by mr.vls; 05-30-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:53 PM

Well that is the prob i can not get the thing to Auto zone to check the codes, but it starts fine just sound like crap, and all that other stuff seems way out of my league anything else i could try to rule some stuff out i checked the firing order like 4 times at least today i am OCD about that stuff

Old 05-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres some stupid stuff you can check. Check and make sure your Air Intake is on tight, loose ones can cause a decent loss of power. Check and make sure the connection to your Mass Airflow Sensor is good. Check and make sure the connection to your throttle position sensor and idle air sensor on the throttle body are all good. Also, is it idling funny? Do you have any mods to it, throttle body spacer, etc?

Old 05-31-2010, 12:39 AM

Nope no mods completely stock like i said just driving up a very big hill one day and that is when everything went screwy

Old 05-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Default Can you tell if the injectors are bad

Two of my cylinders are missing i have a 2000 chevy blazer i have replaced or check everything it could be now i have the injectors out is there any way to tell if they are bad by looking at them or is there a test i can do on them to check

Old 05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Starting Member
R134A is on a distinguished road

Dude you doing way to much work, first there should be codes if your cylinders are misfiring, second you can put a fuel pressure gauge on it to start you can tell with the gauge if you have a fuel leak,but with the gauge if you are losing pressure it could be a bad regulator or a leaking injector nozzle. You need to diagnose it before taking things apart,work smart not hard.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:41 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

yeah, first thing I would do would be look for active codes.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM

I have tried to read the codes it keeps giving me the same code i got when i first got it, that it had a bad o2 sensor on the cat converter but there is no cat converter, i have ruled nearly everything else out

Quick Reply: Help i think my blazer is dying