2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help!!Run Rough, Smoke From Exhaust And Gauges Went Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Beginning Member
slagburger is on a distinguished road
Angry

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Two bolts and an electrical connection is all that need to be removed/disconnected to pull the EGR valve. Take a look at the links below:
EGR Valve Cleaning
P1404 - EGR Valve Circuit Performance Actual Position Greater Than Commanded
I have now swapped out egr valve with my dads truck ..he has my one and it works fine...since this we have found a bypass tube which comes out of the engine with a rubber elbow joint to be burnt completely thru which I have replaced, it also burnt into the wiring harness which I have separated and re soldered and heat shrink wrapped this all went back together remarkably well....I also noticed that there is almost like a plumbing T just behind the bottom of the radiator which 3 pipes go to completely burnt aswell, this has also been replaced...now the car runs but with a P0300 generic misfire code which I will replace the dis cap and wires and plugs...The bypass tube comes out of both sides of the engine but the left one where all the trouble has been gets very hot after about 1 minute so I cant run for longer than this incase it all ahppens again...Do you think that the cat could be blocked on this side????

Old 08-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot just replace those tubes. They are burning out because the check valve for the AIR (air injection reaction) system is not functioning properly on that side. You need to replace the check valve on the side that burnt or you will just burn out that side again.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You cannot just replace those tubes. They are burning out because the check valve for the AIR (air injection reaction) system is not functioning properly on that side. You need to replace the check valve on the side that burnt or you will just burn out that side again.
Hi mate,
I have now replaced the check valve and the plugs ,distributor cap and rotor so far but not the wires and i am still getting a p0300 generic misfire and now a p0135 code coming up which says its an o2 sensor on bank 1 or possably a wiring harness prob which I hope its not because I have just put all that back together or do you think that it is the o2 sensor??? Tomorrow I will replace the wires....It is definately only missing on 1 cylinder....so close to fixing now as long as its not the harness...
Thanks again for your help swartlkk

Old 09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can use the wiring diagram found in the link below to test the wiring.
P0135 - HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0300 isn't a nice code to have!
P030x - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Old 09-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Beginning Member
Default Thanks Swartlkk

Hey thanks mate...I found that the misfire was because 2xwires were around the wrong way..I had a guy look at it and he must of put the wires back wrong!!! Now i had cured the misfire i had replaced 1 of the check valves and i thought everything was good untill I got about 30 miles out and the truck started losing power again and blew the other side check valve.....I have also now replaced this and the plastic T valve by the smog pump and have come to the conclusion that upon witnessing the catalitic converter glowing it must be blocked so I will now replace this and hope for the best...and once again thank you for your advice and help!!!

Slagburger