2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hopefully get this posted finally

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hopefully get this posted finally

AC problem- 2000, 4.3- no clutch cycling- no voltage at clutch connector- voltage to sw. back side of comp.(high press.?)-no voltage at sensor on accumulator(low press.?) Had stopped blowing cold-thought it was low charge again-then noticed no clutch cycling-Need help to troubleshoot. If limited here on lines of text as myself, please email details. Are "they" going to fix this problem with limited posting space?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hopefully get this posted finally

I would first start by energizing the clutch to see if A) the system cools, and B) what your pressures are.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Starting Member

Swartlkk>> Really no need to as it was not getting cold b4 comp. stopped cycling. Now nov. at clutch, sw. on back of comp. (high side sw.?)have 12.v on 1 side, sw. at accululator on tubing, (low side sw. ?) 0v. Truck had stoppoed getting cold last yr. and with winter coming and no funds, no need then to deal withit. I think my main concern in to figure Y no clutch and need help with troubleshooting flowchart. Have high dollar 3 book manual set but strange type of schematics for me to read. would appreciate an email with flowchart type direction. THANKS no real adept with AC.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you do not want to take it to an AC repair guy, then your next option is to buy a few cans of R134A at your local Walmart or autoparts store. You'll need to jumper the clutch to attempt to recharge the system.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Starting Member

are they gonna fix this thing so that I can post more than threesentences?????
this is very frustrating
Had a fairly detailed mmessage to post to you Kyle and it was lost and I am too damn tired tonight after today's fun and games, ... (i wish)