2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Horn keeps going off after replacing Turn Signal switch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:17 AM
jmax31 is on a distinguished road
Default Horn keeps going off after replacing Turn Signal switch.

Hi there. This is my first post to the forum but have been using the forum regularly for quite some time. I recently replaced the turn signal switch in my 1998 Blazer and upon connecting the battery terminals back after the fix, the horn blew and stayed on. After being done freakin out, I replaced the battery terminal and no horn. I just figured the truck's computer had reset or something. My wife went to go move the truck this morning and the horn went off again. This time it just went off in pulses and not full on. It stopped after about 6 beeps.

Can anyone give me any info as to how to proceed in fixing this problem. I would hate for the horn to go off again while i'm sitting in rush hour traffic.

(By the way, scared the crap out of my wife too...lol)

Old 04-24-2009, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I can't help - but you should have posted this in the general tech "2nd Gen" section. This section is JUST for introducing yourself. Maybe admin will move it for you before you get a roasting. LOL

Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you pinch any wires in the column?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 PM

Sorry about posting in the wrong section.
I found the problem--all is well. Thanks for your input.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

"I found the problem--all is well. Thanks for your input"
----------------------------------------------------
Should be manatory when problems are posted,the remedy/fix promptly follows!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Would be nice to know what the solution to this problem was. Definitely helps out others if/when they have the same problem.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:36 AM

Oops, sorry about that. First time on the site.

I found out there was a loose connection in the wiring harness that's located right above the brake pedal. There was a securing piece (which resembles a small blue comb) that had fallen out and caused the connection to fail when the engine would rev up. Simply placed the connector back into place and the problem was solved. Thanks again.

Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Sounds good. Yeah, the pin locks keep the wires separate as well. If they are out of place, some wires can touch each other if the wires bend a certain way.

Thanks for the follow up!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Kudos to you jmax31!