2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How to remove upgraded spider injector plastic lugs from intake ports?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 07:30 AM
Starting Member
Spencshop is on a distinguished road
Default The answer to the problem

I have found the answer to this issue. I tried to look through forums, but did not find any help.

So, I took the matter into my own hands.

The key it to tuck side to side and up and down with a fair amount of force whilst pulling upward to release the pins on the plastic skirts that are nudged into the inside of the fuel injector port.

I have made a video and will share it here once it has been posted.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:06 AM
puttster is on a distinguished road

I bought a LIM and brought it to a shop to have them install it. There was a spider thing stuck in one of the ports. The shop charged me extra to "drill it out."

It turned out that my old manifold was perfectly fine so if anyone needs one...

Old 01-28-2023, 09:46 PM
RyDFel is on a distinguished road
Default Incorrect Pintle Tube Sizes

I'm desperate for answers!!! I'm replacing the entire spider injector on my 2003 Chevy Silverado 4.3L V6. Never done this before, and had a fun time getting to the old on. After I pulled out the old spider assembly along with old injectors, it was time to install the new. However, it appears the plastic pintle tubes are too big (towards the top part) to fit into manifold. Do these comes in different sizes? If not, what the hell am I doing wrong? I have attached the URL to the spider assembly I have. I also am show pictures of the old vs new, and a highlighted area of the pintle tube I can not seem to get into the engine... when comparing the old v new, I can feel a hair thin difference.

Replacement Part: Dasbecan Spider Fuel Injector w/Retaining Bracket Compatible with 1996-2005 Chevy Chevrolet GMC GM V6 4.3L Gas Replaces# FJ503 FJ10565 217-3028 833-22102-6 12568332 https://a.co/d/9k5ngvq

Old 01-28-2023, 11:58 PM
Bru75 is on a distinguished road

The Injector tabs have to go in far enough so the little locking tabs lock in place.

Measure the old and new injector tabs. They should be the same.
If they are not the same it will not work.

Make sure the hole is clean.

Old 01-29-2023, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bru75
The Injector tabs have to go in far enough so the little locking tabs lock in place.

Measure the old and new injector tabs. They should be the same.
If they are not the same it will not work.

Make sure the hole is clean.
I did measure, all areas are exactly the same.... except the new ones are just a tad thicker plastic.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:09 AM
Bru75 is on a distinguished road

The injector tips have to fit into the hole so that injector tips' retention tabs hold them in place.
The Teflon (plastic) tips should go all the way into the hole (if I remember right) ,

Return the spider injector if the injector tips do not fit.

FYI: There are injector tips sold on EBAY and the web.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:49 PM
Default Update!!!!

Originally Posted by RyDFel
I'm desperate for answers!!! I'm replacing the entire spider injector on my 2003 Chevy Silverado 4.3L V6. Never done this before, and had a fun time getting to the old on. After I pulled out the old spider assembly along with old injectors, it was time to install the new. However, it appears the plastic pintle tubes are too big (towards the top part) to fit into manifold. Do these comes in different sizes? If not, what the hell am I doing wrong? I have attached the URL to the spider assembly I have. I also am show pictures of the old vs new, and a highlighted area of the pintle tube I can not seem to get into the engine... when comparing the old v new, I can feel a hair thin difference.

Replacement Part: Dasbecan Spider Fuel Injector w/Retaining Bracket Compatible with 1996-2005 Chevy Chevrolet GMC GM V6 4.3L Gas Replaces# FJ503 FJ10565 217-3028 833-22102-6 12568332 https://a.co/d/9k5ngvq

I got a whole new systwm from Autozone. Compared the old to the new. The top part of the Pintle Tubes were flush woth the injector itself. Installed and works like a charm!!!

Old 02-04-2023, 01:54 AM
99Moneypit is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RyDFel
I got a whole new systwm from Autozone. Compared the old to the new. The top part of the Pintle Tubes were flush woth the injector itself. Installed and works like a charm!!!
Well, at least we now know there are potential issues with that brand (Dasbecan) of Injector assemblies! Don't forget to mention that in the review on Amazon either, every little bit helps a potential buyer. If it's not too late, whats the brand labeled on the assembly you got from Autozone? I personally hate AZ but others might go there and it helps to know what brand assembly (not always the 'brand' AZ is selling it under) actually worked in your case. I'm about to do the upgrade on my 99 Blazer and went with the default AC Delco upgrade since it happened to pop back up as available from Amazon about a week before I purchased mine.

Last edited by 99Moneypit; 02-04-2023 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 99Moneypit
Well, at least we now know there are potential issues with that brand (Dasbecan) of Injector assemblies! Don't forget to mention that in the review on Amazon either, every little bit helps a potential buyer. If it's not too late, whats the brand labeled on the assembly you got from Autozone? I personally hate AZ but others might go there and it helps to know what brand assembly (not always the 'brand' AZ is selling it under) actually worked in your case. I'm about to do the upgrade on my 99 Blazer and went with the default AC Delco upgrade since it happened to pop back up as available from Amazon about a week before I purchased mine.

Here is the link to the one that DIDN'T work:
Dasbecan Spider Injector Dasbecan Spider Injector
Again, everything matched, except the upper part of the pintle tubes were too big. You'll see my review and two others saying the same thing.

The link to the one I purchased from AutoZone isn't working, so I have attached a screenshot instead

The upper part of the pintle tube HAVE to be flush with the metal portion of the injector itself, or it will not either fit or lock into place properly.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-25-2023, 10:06 AM
Starting Member
Billy J White is on a distinguished road
Default Removing injector nozzles.

I had the same problem. Tried a few things, then remembered this tool. It's for removing metal clad seals. Worked perfectly. Hope this helps someone.