2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hub change?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default hub change?

not sure if i should have this in wheels/tires or in this section. i am curious about the fact that the rear wheels stick in farther than the front on my 2nd gen jimmy. is there a way to fix this without just putting a bandage on it by using a spacer? i dont really like spacers especially if im going to be taxing the vehicle offroad once in a while. unless someone can assure me that spacers wont be a poor investment in the long run lol. these vehicles seem to be a pain in the *** with wheels and stuff. i just want a set of wheels with stock size tires on them that will fit without sticking out of my wheel wells. and it would really be nice to make my back flush with the fronts. would swapping in hubs from a colorado or some other vehicle even work? would provide far more wheel options. guess im just not sure what route to take. flares, spacers, different wheels, etc. can anyone give me some wheel suggestions that they have seen or use that have a good offset and dont stick out of the fenders a mile? i need to get this done by next thursday and its finals week, being pressed for time really kicking my *** right now with trying to find something. thanks for any info

Old 12-13-2011, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

blazers were built like this on purpose. the only remedy to fix this is rear wheel spacers. Colorado hubs won't work because they have a six lug bolt pattern. or if your are mechanically inclined a full size axle off of a 1500 of a zr2 would solve your issue as well. You will also run into the problem of the 6 lug with the 1500 rear end.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road

there anywhere that i can look that actually lists offsets? i just want a somewhat high offset offroad wheel, 15" is fine, i could handle a 16" but there has to be some freaking options. i google wheels till i turn blue and dont find hardly any damn websites that post the offsets, its rediculous.

its cool that they designed these this way and all, im not going to bother swapping rear ends ill just deal with it, but i need to eventually find some wheels that actually fit. so far the only wheel i found is the outlaw 2 which i personally think is ugly and extremely boring. is this the only wheel that has the right bolt pattern and offset? lol wow

if there is anyone on here with a non zr2 blazer/jimmy/bravada or anything like it that has found wheels with this offset that arent a factory gmc replica can you please give me some information. just the wheel brand and model and i will take it from there please. before i cant back out of this shipment it would be nice to place an order for something i actually like

Old 12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I dont remember the stock offset but the backspacing for a stock wheel is about 6". They really dont make any aftermarket wheels with that backspacing. Bolt pattern for the blazers is 5x4.75. Camero's 2wd full size chevy's and vans have that pattern along with a lot of chevy cars. Bmw's also have the same pattern which is 5x120. There are a lot of options for aftermarket wheels as long as you dont mind the wheels sticking out a little more than stock