2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I want fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want fog lights

Hello all, i have an 03 2dr blazer ls, 4.3 liter, and i want some fog lights for it. I drive early early in the morning, and it's often foggy, hence the need, plus i think they look cool. I would like this for a good spring project, so i have some time to research it, plus i don't want to freeze my ***** off installing them, anyway, has anybody done this? Is it even possible? Where would i get them? Swap meet, junk yard, online? How easy is it to install? I think i would need a relay. I would also need a button. I don't mind a moderately difficult installation. Would i need to make a hole in the dash? or is there a spot? most importantly, would i be able to run them without my headlights, probably depends on the way i wire it right? I have the spots in the stock bumper, (no tow hooks) are there mounts for them? Does anybody know how many questions i asked? Price is obviously a factor, as it is in any other situation with pretty much anybody, but i am a student.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Starting Member
Bocomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I want fog lights

Just do a search, here is a bunch

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...4839017+307539

Most of them that I have seen you would just screw the on/off swithc to the bottom of the dash or somewhere else that you liked.

Bocomo

Old 12-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I want fog lights

Thanks. I saw that kind of thing before i posted, and i like the idea, but i would rather have something that is a GM product, or something else made to fit my car, also, i want the factory button. Thanks for your help! I still need to know about the relay, and if there is a spot in the fuse block for it, or would i need to wire it to the headlights ([:@]). Thanks a lot though.
EDIT
I did a little more looking, and i checked out my fuse box, and there is a relay in there, and it says that it is for fog lights! Is this just a factory install to keep the manufacturing process the same? I also looked closer at the front bumper, and realized i would need to cut out the holes for the lights, because there is this little plastic grill over it. I think i also saw a mounting bracket for it.