2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Inkector block won't seat in upper intake.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 09:30 AM
morcey2 is on a distinguished road
Default Inkector block won't seat in upper intake.

So, long story short: Replaced the fuel pressure regulator on my 1996 Blazer. Cursed whoever it was who designed it to be inside the plenum. Fuel system now holds pressure! (and there was much rejoicing, at least as much as can be done legally outside on a late friday night).

Putting it back together, the injector block won't come back up all of the way., Connecting the fuel lines pulled it up a little bit, but it looks like it needs to come up about another 1/4" to be able to actually connect the harness. Any suggestions? I bolted down the intake thinking that would but enough pressure on it to get it seated, but it didn't happen. Should I have lubed the o-ring or something like that? The o-ring is new. The other one was swollen from exposure to gasoline from the leaking regulator.

Any tips would be appreciated. (And, of course it's snowing now.)

Thanks.
Matt

Old 11-24-2018, 04:33 PM

Got it to work. I don't know what I did differenter, but I took it all the way apart and put it back together. Runs like a new vehicle.... other than pulling to the left, 4wd doesn't work (got the parts and know what to do), and the heater always blows hot and on the windshield ( see 4wd not working.)

Matt

Old 11-24-2018, 06:19 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by morcey2
Got it to work. I don't know what I did differenter, but I took it all the way apart and put it back together. Runs like a new vehicle.... other than pulling to the left, 4wd doesn't work (got the parts and know what to do), and the heater always blows hot and on the windshield ( see 4wd not working.)

Matt
Congrats. Even when you don't know exactly what you did to make it work, it is still nice to see people report back with the results. Who knows, this thread might help someone in the future to just try assembling it all again.

Regarding the 4wd and heat, I'm guessing you know that faults/leaks with the vacuum supply can cause trouble for both, right? Welcome to the world of Blazers!

Hopefully you don't also have a bad Blend Door Actuator.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Congrats. Even when you don't know exactly what you did to make it work, it is still nice to see people report back with the results. Who knows, this thread might help someone in the future to just try assembling it all again.

Regarding the 4wd and heat, I'm guessing you know that faults/leaks with the vacuum supply can cause trouble for both, right? Welcome to the world of Blazers!

Hopefully you don't also have a bad Blend Door Actuator.
Yeah, I've read about all of the vacuum fun with the 4wd and AC/heater system. I took out the old vacuum motor under the battery and it had about a half cup of ATF in it. I put the new one in, but it's not hooked up to the vacuum system yet until I can get the t-case seal and vacuum switch replaced. I'll probably do that one next weekend depending on the weather.

Matt