2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Intermittent heat in an 02 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:45 AM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Intermittent heat in an 00 Blazer LT

flush your heater core and your radiator, replace the radiator cap with a good metal one. I had a lot of brownish-orange sludge built up in my system, and my heat has been working fine for monthes now. Just make sure when you flush the heatercore you check inside the cabin for leaks...you never know if flushing it will expose a hole

Old 03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
tidoux01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JustBlaze!

My blower and vent control are working perfectly. The only thing is still that i have to get to a certain speed to get heat working.

ORIGINAL: JustBlaze!

tidoux01, when you turn the fan on full blast, can you feel air (hot or cold) blowing through the vents when you are not moving? Almost sounds like your blower motor is not turning on. If you are driving on the highway, you will still feel heat coming out of the vents with a non functional blower motor because air is being forced into the HVAC system. If that is the case, check the fuses for your blower motor.

If infact your blower motor is working, check if you can control the vents. I had a friend that had air blowing out of all the vents regradless of what setting was turned on the ****. His problem was caused by a vacuum leak on one of the hoses that controled the vents. It could be possible that the dampers on yours are jammed, although I think by default they are supposed to be all open.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
JustBlaze! is an unknown quantity at this point

tidoux01,

I would do a coolant flush. You most likely have a clog in your heater core and it seems that when you are running at higher speeds, your water pump is circulating a higher volume of coolant which allows some to flow through the heater core which in turn makes the heat work. It is not that difficult to do and doesn't cost you much money to flush the system. Just follow the directions that others have already posted in the forum.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
tidoux01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ! I will try this

Old 03-21-2007, 09:16 AM
JFeg is an unknown quantity at this point

I´ll takemine to the Chevy dealer for a scan next week. Yesterday I checked some things again my self, and took the grey vacuum line off the actuatorbehind the glovebox- very strong vacuum and as air comes out where it is supposed to relating to the ****, that function seems to be OK. Blower works perfectly as well. Nothing wrong with the two fuses I found related to the HVAC either. Something has to be wrong with the automatic temperature control, is that contolled by a computer?.... if so can it be reset?... Hope for help with interpreting the codes sometime next week...

Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, don't be surprised if when u flush the system, your waterpump starts to leak. the oem one sucks and the seal goes bad easily. just a fore-warning, cause the dirt will come outta there too...

Old 03-29-2007, 11:52 PM
frowny613 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any chance you ever figured out what was going on with the "door noise" that occurs every 10 seconds. I've got the same problem.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:54 PM
frowny613 is an unknown quantity at this point

jfeg
Did you ever get your heat figured out? I'm having the same problem (just recently). I'm also having the door noise issue with the climate control system. Any leads would be much appreciated. The heat is steaming me out!

Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 AM
JFeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi frowny613!
No, not yet. Yeah, I´m steamed as well!
I have tried to find time to go down to my Chevy dealer for an error scan before I do anything of my own - but time is a rare thing.....
I´ll come back with the codes as soon as possible. (summer´s just round the corner...)

If anyone have pictures and info how to change the electrical heat door motor and the climate control dash thing/computer it would be most appreciated. Does one reallyhave to remove the complete dash board to access the heat door motor and what about the driver and passenger air bags in that case? It seems like a grown man would have some difficulties to get hands and tools in there to getthe motorout..... But if that is what it takes - so be it!

Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 AM
MIDDEN1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RADIATOR FLUSH

i flushed my heater core several times worked for while,finnally i heard of this shop that flushes system
with steam and he said it never failed to fix the problem,he was right mine has work for a long time now
aprox 7 months.