2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Ipod for Dummies: Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008 | 09:45 AM
In2Caps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ipod for Dummies: Help!

I'm hoping someone can help a technologically challenged Blazer owner.

I have a 2004 two-door blazer. Nothing custom about it (but I love it; I bought it new). I also have a Smart car (since May).

I been making 800 mile round-trips to Tennessee every 2-3 weeks the last few months (since my father died) to spend time with my mother. With the price of gas I've always taken the Smart car (with a built-in Ipod jack in the glove box). It plays my Ipod through the AUX setting on the radio.

Now that gas is a lot cheaper (I saw it at $1.67 a gallon here yesterday!), and with my mom wanting me to bring a piece of furniture back with me this time, I'm taking the Blazer there for Thanksgiving. (Leaving Tuesday morning.)

Irely on audiobooks on my Ipod to make the trip tolerable, and want to figure out how (quickly and easily) I can connect my Ipod to the Blazer. (I am not comfortable using the Ipod headphones while driving, so want to play it through the radio.) I have the factory AM/FM single CD radio.

AND, I am not a handy person, and need to figure out a way to do this quickly. (No buying anything online, although I do have RadioShack, BestBuy, etc. nearby.)

Can anyone suggest something I could do?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

Old 11-23-2008 | 11:07 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Ipod for Dummies: Help!

They make an fm transmitter that you plug the ipod into and turn the radio to a certain station. Also im sure there is an ipod adapter the will hook up to the stock radio wiring and will plig into the ipod also but i wouldnt know where to get one. Best buy has a few transmitters and im sure radio shack does as well. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1077626938399

Old 11-23-2008 | 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For quick and easy, you cannot beat an FM transmitter. There are other more expensive options that can connect to the factory aux connector on the back of the radio, but they are quite expensive. The only other thing you would need to get is an cigarette lighter adapter for powering your iPod.

Old 11-23-2008 | 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Or if you have a factory tape deck you can get an mp3>cassette adapter and play it like a regular tape.

Old 11-23-2008 | 03:57 PM
In2Caps is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, everyone, for the help. I went to Circuit City and bought a Griffin iTrip Auto with SmartScan. It charges my iPod AND plays through my car stereo. (It has a cord that starts with a cigarette lighter adaptor, then the iTrip FM transmitter, then the plug for the iPod.) Sound quality isn't great, but I'm listening to audiobooks, not music, so it is just what I needed (and took only a couple of minutes out of the box to working). Because I'll be using it on long trips, the SmartScan button is great. I can find new channels in just a few seconds if the one I'm using stops working.

K