2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Chadoo951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**

So, its just my luck, for those of you who know how much crap has gone wrong with my truck, you know what I am talking about. Well I havent informed you guys lately, but a weld broke, and i think it was where the stabalizer arm connects right under the cv boot.

Well I took it to a local welder, and I would have thought that the guy would have been smart enought to put up some kind or heat sheild in front of the cv boot as it was less than an inch away from wear he was welding. HE DIDNT. And I didnt think about it untill he said "ooppsyy"

He burnt a hole in the cv boot and then continued to try to silicon the whole shut.

So I got home, and I already knew that the silicon wasnt going to hold. And this is what I found.. this stuff all over

Do you think that they should pay for what they f***ed up on? And what happens if they dont pay? I dont have any money, what should I do?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...andfire024.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...andfire023.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...andfire022.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...andfire021.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...andfire019.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...andfire020.jpg

Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**

he should definatly have to pay for that

Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM

Sorry, the pixs werent up when you posted.. there you go.. check them out

Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like ***, take it back demand he fixes it. What is he, a backyard mechanic.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 PM

they have their own family owned place.. but its like a whole in the wall POS place.. like from the 60's - 70's

What do you think i should do if they dont fix it, or not have enough money?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt, they are in the wrong. It was damage incurred while your vehicle was in their possession, they attempted to fix it and the repair didn't hold.

If you brought it there for an oil change and they stripped the drain plug, attempted to find another bolt that would work and the drain plug blew on the way home, they would also be in the wrong. Just trying to give an example of another situation to parallel with yours.

My best advice, coming from experience, is to 1.) Call them to notify what happened and ask how the plan to make ammends. You obviously need to have the vehicle towed so no further damage can occur, this should be at their expense. 2.) If they are uncooperative and don't feel that they are at fault and you don't feel comfortable handling the situation, find a trusted friend to help you out. 3.) Inform them that you will have it towed to a garage of your choice and they can pick up the bill for the repair. 3.) Depending on how you paid, you can put a hold on a check or freeze charges on your bank account. 4.) Inform them you will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. 5.) Go to small claims court for return of funds or for the bill to fix what they broke.

If you go in (take someone with you) and don't take no for an answer, most places will try and work things out. There's nothing like negative word of mouth to kill a business. I'm not saying to hold a protest in front of their shop, but they might be a little more willing to fix their mistake if they know half of your town will find out they flubbed and didn't fix it (translation: Editorial).

Also, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! If you do end up going to small claims court, you will have the evidence you need for the judge to see and he/she will be more apt to believe you actually got shafted.

Who knows, maybe they'll be a decent shop and want to right their wrong!

EDIT: Did you actually see him burn a hole in the boot and attempt to fix it with silicone? I mean, you can't get much better evidence than that! A seasoned welder should know to be aware of his surroundings and any flammable materials in the vicinity.

As far as not having money, small claims court isn't that much, under $100. May seem like much, but compare it to having to pay to fix their mistake...

Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

They are solely responsible for that disaster, therfore have to pay for all damages incurred. I would act fast on this!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly a disaster... Just some grease out of the CV joint.

I do agree that they are responsible. One word of advice though. Do not go back to them with the 'you stupid hick' attitude or any kind of attitude for that matter. Going into something like this with an attitude very rarely makes things any better.

A new boot and you are back in business. I would not let them install one of those 2 peice boots though. Either a new, one peice boot or a new half shaft.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 PM

Thanks guys, I am going to go over there tommaro and talk to them. I will let you know what they say. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Let them know what's happened and see how they react. They may be apologetic and offer to make it right without you having to say anything.
I've always been quick to make amends for my own mistakes when it's a nice customer. If someone comes at me all at once threatening this and that, I get my back up and make their lives as miseable as possible.
So maybe start with the nice guy approach, they know what they've done.

Quick Reply: LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY TRUCKKK**PICS**