2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

NEED HELP......WONT START....just tuned it up

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Beginning Member
lilsilver04 is on a distinguished road
Default NEED HELP......WONT START....just tuned it up

Hey guys, i just did the following things and now my 2004 wont start......new serp belt, pulley tentioner, thermostat, temp sensor, coolant flush. it cranks like its trying to start but wont roll over. the belt is routed correctly, all sensors and vac lines are plugged back in. any ideas? please help!!!!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So it started before the work and will not after... Sounds like you messed something up in the process. I would inspect everything that you were anywhere near during your work.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Beginning Member

yes, worked fine before, now nothing. i went back and double and triple checked every harness, wiring, vacuums, etc. i did take the air intake system off and back on, but everything is back in place as it was before. i have no clue whats wrong with it and i am very engine literate, so this makes no sense to me.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Starting Member
tazz9690 is on a distinguished road

are you getting a spark? maybe you disconnected your coil by accident. it seems to me that that is the most likely problem.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Beginning Member

i had spark. pulled a plug and it was soaked with gas. so i unplugged the fuel pump relay, cranked it and it started. let it run & burn off what was in the cylinders until it cut off/ran out of fuel. plugged the relay back in and it started back up fine. let it sit for 20 minutes, went to crank it again and it wouldnt start again. i had to push the gas petal to the floor while cranking and it started up. let it idle for 5 minutes and it was fine, but spitting black fluid crap out of the tailpipe. drove it around for a little bit, and it ran ok but the idle was sticking agound 1500 rpms.

any idea why it didnt wanna start after i cleared it out? what was the black crap? what woulda caused the idle to stick like that? leaky injector? need to clean the throttle body and related parts?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Starting Member
tazz9690 is on a distinguished road

did you check afterwards if your cylinders were soaked with fuel afterwards? If so, you probably have a fuel leak which is flooding your engine preventing it from starting it. The black stuff might be the fuel that was in the engine and it turned black while it went through the headers, cat, muffler, etc.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Fuel leak inside the engine. Test your fuel pressure and leak down rate. Check the Tech Article (DIY) section for more information.