2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

new here with questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Toss the NGK, (No Good Kind) plugs in the trash, unless you want misfire trouble. Install AC Delco 41-993.
Use AC Delco distributor cap & rotor only.
P1345 means the distributor is not timed correctly with the camshaft, (incorrect installation). It is off at least one tooth.
Don't bother doing the throttle body mod, unless you want misfire trouble. In that case, install the NGK plugs, (way easier to undo than the throttle body mod).
Cold Air Intake is a total waste of money on Vortec engines, (see my signature line).
On the ABS: You have some DTC's that don't apply to your system. Replacing WSS, (wheel speed sensors) is not recommended on this vehicle, the entire hub should be replaced if necessary. Check this before anything else, (yes it applies to your 98 Blazer): http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/GM...s_bulletin.pdf

Old 10-29-2015, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member
hylander6361 is on a distinguished road

ok so returning the NGK's it turns out i dont need to replace all my plugs, someone decided not to change the PITA one so i just need one! and another update, found out what the check engine light was on for. you were correct captain hook, it did have to do with the distributor, however!! it turns out that that little metal 2 prong retainer (lack of a better term) that holds the distributor down was bent to HELL. and was missing the bolt, which caused it to ride up and it was missing because it wasnt making good contact on the gears ( figured that out because it was missing pretty bad yesterday) i bought it a week ago but it has been sitting because it is my winter vehicle and i havent had a need for it yet but drove it around and wow.

anyway speaking of wheel hubs, do most replacement hub assemblies have the speed sensor integrated? i was looking at some online and it looks like it has a wire and connector that comes with it. but i wasnt to sure. and the hubs dont come with the bearing right? looks like it is just the assembly and sensor but no bearing?

thanks again!!

Old 10-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road

The Hub should come complete with the bearing inside ...it's not like a 2 wheel drive rotor , the bearings are not removable or serviceable.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Beginning Member

thanks, i picked some up the other day, hopefully replacing the front two will fix my erratic ABS issues as well! also picked up all 4 rotors and pads (the rotors were in pretty bad shape and since i was doing the hubs, pitman arm, idler arm and ball joint in front i figured mise well get it all done at once!!! was just doing pads in the rear already but the rotors are so rusted it looked terrible and i was not confident that it would last all winter. will be running like new (almost lol) in a week or two!!!

Old 10-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Better plan on reman rear calipers with the brackets too. They are typically good for the life of the pads. Pistons seize up, along with the caliper guide pins, and it will trash your new pads & rotors.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:04 PM
Beginning Member

great..... lol man things just keep adding up. to bad it seems like if you ever buy used vehicles unless you know the person, your just getting someone else's bag of worms... fml