2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No 1st Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Starting Member
purplepurple is on a distinguished road
Talking No 1st Gear

i am a new member,and have read lots of good info. here.I HAVE TRANSMISSION PROBLEM!I tried to post under heading of trans. problems but maybe its because its my first post.i apolagize.anyway i have been workin on 95 blazer.i noticed it wont go into 1st gear.i tried putting it in manually and it didnt help.all other gears work fine,manually and automatically.is their a solenoid that could make this happen?i read where some people had a similiar problem,except when they down shift manually it would go into 1st.this blazer wont .it pulls out in second.i told the owner it would eventually smoke the bands in the tranny.he just had it replaced a month ago,and isnt ,well,he didnt even notice.im a backyard mech.but have some experience.i just hope someone out there knows good starting point to check,to save so time and headache.thank you so much.he is just a good friend and like alot of people,doesnt have any money.i hope the one who sold him the transmission didnt ho-do him.thank you again.i appreciate any feed-back.

Attached Images  

Last edited by purplepurple; 09-20-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: just to prove or show im not workin for money,and that everyones knowledge on this site is appreciated.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Retitled and moved to '2nd Gen Tech'*

Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

my 93 did this and from what i figured out is my computer is not sending the proper signals on telling what solenoid to do what and it goes into like a limp mode. also another issue i would have randomly is my ign/gau fuse kept blowing which would also cause it to start in second.

so first thing to do is check all your fuses.

but i really didnt fix my problem i just kinda bypassed it. as my truck is a off road only truck i wasnt worried about getting my transmission to shift right i just need 1st gear and reverse. i found what wire from the computer was sending the proper signal to the transmission and wired it to a relay so the solenoids are activating giving me 1st gear back

and i did this like 3 years ago so i dont really remember what the heck i did. so maybe a new computer would help? not really sure