2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No Heat

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM
jorge1 is on a distinguished road
Default No Heat

Hi there i own 98 blazer 4x4 as i let it heat up to operating temp and turn the heater on i will get heat for about 1min then it will just be no heat at all it blows air but not hot the Ac works just fine i checked the two heater core hoses thay both get hot, iv read many treads here but so many directions so am puzzeld. Would the stat be bad for one? two wich hose of the core to do a reveres flush and if anyone haves any ideas to relove this Thank you

Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Check your coolant level.
2. Is there an anti-freeze smell noticable from inside the cabin?
3. Is there any leak onto the passenger side floorboard?
4. Has the coolant system been drained and flushed recently?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM

I check the leval its ok and its clean theres alread a t on one of the heater core line both lines get hot. To me its odd i check and normaly on other cars i owned while on i could see the colant circelating but i dont see that on this

Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM

O if it would help i am getting unusual noises when hiting bumps on the right side of the dash i check the top and in back of the glove box and dont feel nothing lose i was going to check the air bag to see if it was lose.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When you flush the core, alternate flushing through each hose. This is the proper way to flush the core regardless of the actual flow path of the coolant during operation.

Concerning your noise, it is possible that the hood hinge bolt is the cause. Wad up a rag in the back corner of the hood that is suspect and hit some bumps. Be careful not to bend the hood hinge with too much rag.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Well i checked the hood and put some rags there but thats not it, am thinking it could be my shock on the right side but would that sound like if its from the inside? i would like to check the air bag to see if its lose couse once in a while the air bag light comes on. (going to do the flush this week ill keep you posted if it worked Thanks)

Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are the shocks original or after market? I installed new shocks into my old 2000 Bravada and the upper bushings were not the same width as the originals. I had to tighten the snot out of the upper shock mounting bolt to quiet them down. Sounded exactly like a bad ball joint.