2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Noobie here. Need some help, 95 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

If that connector does actually go to a sensor, plus you have a huge vacuum leak, You might have found your whole problem!

Sorry I cant help whith identifying the plug. I own a 97, 98 and 2000 blazers. But seeing how the throttle body is oriented IAT sensor makes sense to me.

Good luck!

Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Beginning Member
rival904 is on a distinguished road

Heres some pics of the truck.

Yes the windshield is tinted on both my trucks(the F150 is mine also).

Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Beginning Member

Ok, got the EGR all cleaned up, it was stuck open, 2 big chunks of nastiness where holding the peice down.

Anyways, truck idles wayyy better now, but still not 100%. I was thinking of cleaning the IAC, but Im not 100% on where it is on this, anyone got a good pic of it or something?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The IAC valve is on top of the throttle body, pointing towards the passenger side.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Beginning Member

Just pulled it out, it feels locked up almost, unless its only supposed to move an 1/16th of an inch to begin with.

Is it supposed to compress a good bit more than a 16th of an inch or what?

Nevermind, doesnt really feel like it moves much at all, if any.

Im going to try and hit the parts store today to play with a brand new one and compare it to this one thats on there.

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-27-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It can be forced to move, but I wouldn't recommend it given how the thing works. I would just clean the pintle (thing on the end of the valve) and the bore it goes into in the throttle body (upper plenum) and see how that goes.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

yo nice lookin blazer man-

Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Beginning Member

thanks brah.

Gotta get her running and stuff, then probally gonna address a few leaks I dont particularly like, slap a new AC Compressor on it, and call it a day. Its gonna be my clean daily driver so I can part my truck for the time being.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

yea thinking of doing something similar with the one i picked up. might wall the van and drive the blazer

Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Beginning Member

Ok.

Took the EGR out, it was stuck out, cleaned it out, put a new gasket in with a screen. Took the IAC out, cleaned it out. Still idles rough.

The EGR cleaning helped out tons, but its still rough. My mecanic buddy came out, and withint 30 seconds he noticed a broken plug wire, passenger side, very most front plug. So I went and got all new plugs, replaced em, started it up, not a single change at all, nothing. Truck idles rough, but revs and drives fun, no skips no sputters nothing, just purr's fine.

Now onto the brakes, at a standstill they feel really heavy, like theres a cinderblock under the pedal, they will start to soften up like 2in into the pedal and they feel normal. Not sure if the issues are related, but for the time being, Id like to have the engine running fine, then trouble shoot the brakes.

Quick Reply: Noobie here. Need some help, 95 Blazer