2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Obnoxious noise coming from front end

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Elishia Norris is on a distinguished road
Default Obnoxious noise coming from front end

***WE REALLY NEED SOME HELP WITH OUR 95 s10 BLAZER WE REALLY NEED IT BUT CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WATS WRONG WITH IT....IT MAKES LIKE A VIBRATING GROWLING NOISE AS IF UR RIDING ON RUMBLE STRIPS THE NOISE STARTS AT ABOUT 35-40 MPH IF U TURN HARD TO THE RIGHT THE NOISE GOES AWAY BUT COMES RIGHT BACK N IF U TURN LEFT IT ALMOST SOUNDS AS THE NOISE WORSENS IF PUT IN NUETRAL WHILE DRIVING THE NOISE CONTINUES AND IN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE THE NOISE IS THERE BUT FAINT.. WE HAVE REPLACED THE PASSENGER SIDE HALF SHAFT AND BOTH WHEEL BEARIN/ HUB ASSEMBLIES AND WE ARE LOST AS TO WAT ELSE IT COULD BE AND I KNOW THERE COULD BE A SLIGHT CHANCE WE GOT A BAD WHEEL BEARING/ HUB ASSEMBLY BUT WAT ARE THE ODDS???***

Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 PM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Problem may be that the right front axle is not fully disengaging when in 2wd. Check that the cable freely moves from the vacuum actuator under the battery tray...perhaps it is too tight.
The hard right turn would pull the axle out, whereas a left turn pushes axle into the diff.

I remember reading here that with the vehicle safely off the ground, starting the engine, put trans into 2wd, select D and chech the right front wheel for movement, of course there should not be any. To me though, this sounds rather dangerous to do, so it may be better to take to a 4wd shop and have them check it out.

Let us know what you find out.

Good luck.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Elishia Norris is on a distinguished road

Thanks we jacked up the front end today and the wheels move freely but there is a clicking in the transfer case when you move the wheel by hand and we checked it out not sure if this is the reason but there is a bolt missing where the vacuum hose n im guessing switch wires (not sure tho it is push button 4x4) but where that bolt should be is loose n can be moved easily by hand and i have read that if u go to long with a bad vacuum that u can cause more damage in the transfer case we are gonna keep lookin more into this problem and will keep postin wat is found. thanks for you help