2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Passenger High Beam not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 PM
DAGear is on a distinguished road
Default 98 Blazer Passenger High Beam not working

Ok. As the tittle says, the passenger's side High beam does not work. Replaced the bulbs, nada. The daytime driving lights on that side work just fine. But, when I switch on the high beams, only the driver's side is on. I checked the wiring harness at the plug and it seems just fine. The local dealership can't tell me what the deal is, so here I am. Getting tired of getting pulled over it night when running my single high beam only to confuse the officers with, "They're working fine! See!" when I put them back on low before they can get out of their cruisers. While funny to see a deputy scratch his head in confusion, it's a bit annoying and time consuming.

Last edited by DAGear; 03-23-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What year and trim level truck are you working with? Is it a ZR2?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
What year and trim level truck are you working with? Is it a ZR2?
It's a 1998 and I THINK it's an LS. As stated above, it's the 2 dr 4x4. This one has the sun roof and spare tire on the swing gate, if that helps identify the trim level. I wish it was the ZR2 , but I didn't know about those until after I'd bought this one. That might be an upgrade project for sometime in the future. Right now, I just want to get it running right (engine's torn down right now replacing the head gaskets) and this would be an optimal time to get this issue figured out while I have room to work.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:29 PM

Bump.

Anyone got any ideas on what's wrong here and/or how to fix it?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I didn't see your last reply. I haven't had time to dig through the wiring diagram, but it is posted in THIS THREAD. Maybe that will help get you closer to the reason for the malfunction.

I'm thinking there has to be a problem with one of the relays.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I had the same problem a while back and it turn out to be the plug on the vehicle side of the wiring harness. Everything looked fine until I pulled the two plugs apart and saw some evidence of burning. A quick stop to the local u-pull-it and the problem was fixed.

Sometimes its the easiest of fixes but a bit hard to find.