2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Passlock

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member
reytx1 is on a distinguished road
Default Passlock

After fixing a short in my multi-function switch wires (as seen in this link: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/headlight-short-43213/ ) My blazer will not stay on!

When I try to start it, it quickly dies out after a quick second.

My security light IS on so I think its the passlock system but it doesnt make since because it does turn on for a little while. I started it with starting fluid and it kept it on for like 5 seconds then it died again.

I have fuel, and i obviously have spark since it turns on.

any idea what it might be?

Oh and I tried to reset the passlock but when i leave it on the on position for ten minutes after trying to crank it, the light still wont go away. And I know your suppose to do it 3 times but from the write up I read the light itself is suppose to turn of after the first time, but mine doesnt. Could anyone relate to my problem? Or maybe help me out to find out what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that usually when the truck sits for two or more days it has trouble turning on. It sat for two days but from the previous times it happened before, i dont recall seeing the security light as I do now.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Beginning Member

UPDATE: Today I just checked the fuel pressure and I was reading 60 PSI which is good, So i'm guessing it has to be the passlock but I thought if it was the passlock system then it would not let it turn on at all. My truck turns on for about a second then dies out.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely sounds like a passlock problem. Even when the pass lock system locks you out, the engine will fire and run for a bit before shutting down.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Beginning Member

hmmm I figured there was something else wrong because on the article you wrote it mentioned it will not turn on, I'm gonna try the the passlock re-learn procedure again.

Thanks for the feedback

Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Definitely sounds like a passlock problem. Even when the pass lock system locks you out, the engine will fire and run for a bit before shutting down.
Ok swarlkk, i'm trying to reprogram the passlock system but i'm a little confused on your write-up https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...light=passlock after you turn the engine on you leave it on the on position UNTIL the security light comes off right? And it should only take around 10 minutes. Mine has been on the on position for 20 and my security light is still on.

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the light is staying on, then you may not be able to do the passlock self learn and may have to get it done at the dealership.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member

I was really hoping not to do that but i guess it happens sometimes.

Anyone have any idea how much the price ranges from to get it reset?

thanks swartlkk

Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Probably a flat hour charge. The cost depends on the hourly rate of the dealership.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Starting Member
ortizsrh is on a distinguished road

i have 2000 blazer and i put a remote start alarm in it but the remote start will not work it keeps dieing out. any ideas. it starts with the key. thanks

Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Administrator

If you didn't install a passlock bypass module and properly programmed it, your RS unit doesn't have a prayer of keeping the engine running.

Quick Reply: Passlock