2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

please help: starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where else was the remote starter hooked into the wiring harness? Is there still any other aftermarket devices in the ignition wiring like a bypass module, etc??

Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Beginning Member
toplessvw is an unknown quantity at this point

no other parts to the auto startet it was only wired into the ignition switch wiring other wise all it had was two wiretaps that were just unhooked

Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Beginning Member
Default help I want to burn it down

I have had no luck as of lately, my 98 blazer has electrical gremlins. I turn the key and get nothing, this happened earlier in the year and I replaced the ignition switch and the trans switch and I got it running then yesterday I had to turn the key with no responce for 20 seconds then it started without an issue. It started fine last night but when I came out this morning I got nothing, no crank at all, no click,no security light. Please help as I am at witts end

Old 09-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member
fenderfreek is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you had the battery checked?
When you turn the key does anything at all happen? Sometimes? Most of the time? Rarely?
Have you checked the relays and fuses?

Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Beginning Member
Default no start, no turn over when cool

please help I am at my wits end my 98 blazer will not start when it gets cool, I go out in the morning to start it and I get nothing from the starter no clicking nothing but all of the gauges and electrical work. I had a no start issue in the past so the ignition switch and transmission switch was changed, and it had blown the ing #20 fuse once then i had no issues until it started to get cool in the mornings. It is really frustrating me because when I get home from work and the temperture is warmer, it will start with out an issue. please help me out as I can no longer go on sharing a vehicle with my wife.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:01 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have merged the three threads you started concerning the problems you are having with the engine starting. Please keep posts concerning the same issue within the same thread so folks can follow the progression of solutions you have tried.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Beginning Member
cks20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's start with something simple - it sounds as if the key is in the 'run' position the gages and lights on the dash come on - what happens if the key is turned to the 'start' position? If all the lights go out, and all the gages go back to zero, you might have a bad battery connection. Enough power can pass thru a bad battery connection to power the low current items in your truck, but the starter is a high draw item, and all of the connections must be clean. If the lights and the gages do not change when the key is turned to the 'start' position I suspect there may be something wrong with the starter solenoid (or the wiring to it), which is mounted on the starter. The only thing I cannot make anything out of is why it turns over when warm, but not when cold.
Good luck.