2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rag joint change

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:40 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

That is your choice, at somepoint you will need to get an alignment done and at that time you can make sure they center your steering wheel. I was not questioning wheather your current alignment was correct, I was just stating that adjusting the tie rod ends can center your steering wheel.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by coolasice
and as stated earlier, my alignment is good prior to the rag joint replacement... I will not pay $70 just to get my steering wheel straight
then live with it

Old 10-22-2012, 05:41 AM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mr.vls
That is your choice, at somepoint you will need to get an alignment done and at that time you can make sure they center your steering wheel. I was not questioning wheather your current alignment was correct, I was just stating that adjusting the tie rod ends can center your steering wheel.
Originally Posted by newguy
then live with it

funny you mention that.... post #10.
i'd rather live with it crooked and have it straightned next time i need a alignment

Old 10-22-2012, 06:33 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

funny you mention that.... post #10.
Sorry didnt mean to be harsh

Old 02-17-2014, 03:41 PM
josemateos is on a distinguished road

EDIT: my ujoint is backwards. I compared it to the Flaming River U Jonit. Started another thread, also replied to this thread regarding pulling the steering wheel. may just order the FR u joint?

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Yes it fits 1st gens

Flaming River FR1746DD Billet Universal Joint S10 Blazer ZR2

They are pricy but worth it...I Plan on doing this someday

Edit: Ive seen cheaper.
I know this is an old thread, sorry. I'm installing an eBay version of the flaming river u joint, everything is fine except the side that is supposed to matchup
To the upper section, are backwards. In other words there's 2 flat sides and 2 rounded sides, I'm going to have to unlock my wheel and turn it a half turn to get the top section to line up. I'm wondering if this happens often or if my $35 eBay version is machined backwards. I locked the wheels straight so it hasn't moved. Do I turn the wheel and install, if so can it be adjusted completely with tiered? Would think steering to one side would be ****ty if I did that.....I'll take a pic showing what I mean about it backwards....I've already cut down ny shaft and I have to get it on tonight for wife tomorrow.

Last edited by josemateos; 02-18-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:11 PM
josemateos is on a distinguished road

EDIT: Found some info on S10planet. Splines won't let me move the wheel. Will have to buy the flaming river u joint. Hopefully I dont' have to eat the cost of this one. They said they would take it back, but probably don't know it's been installed....

Originally Posted by newguy
If the steering and alingment is fine maybe you coulg just pull the steering wheel and put it on straight
Do you have any info on pulling the steering wheel? I did the flaming river u joint mod and the ujoint I got has the DD side opposite than the FR version and I need to pull my wheel to correct the 1/4 turn it is off now? Thx

Last edited by josemateos; 02-18-2014 at 04:32 PM.