2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

really stupid....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough
Default really stupid....

the cylindars are numbered
6 5
4 3
2 1

but you hook the spider up

6 5
4 1
2 3

RIGHT???

and the spark plugs accordingly?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the wires:

As far as the spider goes... I think its just in order down each side. I can't remember exactly. I replaced the spider in my old 2000 Bravada maybe 4 years ago??

Old 09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Starting Member

F**************!!!!!!

so just the spark plugs go in different....

im takin it apart again LOL what would happen if the injectors ARE the in wrong place?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Starting Member

who ever hooked it up before I got it did it wrong....so I got confused....UG!!!!

my poor Trucks going to hate me forever. Shes Probably just going to give up to teach me a lesson!

SHOOT, sorry for the double post! I cant think now!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

It's a batch fire, so the injectors shouldn't matter.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Starting Member

are you sure....I thought it was a certain order?

Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 PM

The injector system on our trucks use a central injector, and poppet valves at the end of the hoses. It sprays gas into all the banks each time. Sounds like a waste of gas, doesn't it? That's why I want to know if the Multi Port injection system solves this issue.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The 96+ SCFI (sequential central fuel injection) motors are NOT batch fired. The injectors fire sequentially timed precisely with the intake stroke on each cylinder. They most definitely matter.

The routing of the injector hoses doesn't matter so much. They actually have to cross over each other to make them lay in properly. But in the end, the injectors have to make it into the proper position in the lower intake. For confirmation, of order, check out the connector view attached.

Attached Thumbnails really stupid....-96-fuel_injection_connector.gif  
Old 09-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Woops, nevermind me then. lol
I thought the SCFI was batch. Is it still one main injector?

Old 09-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Nope, 6 individual injectors. The MFI kit just moves those injectors out to the intake ports replacing the problematic poppet nozzles.

Quick Reply: really stupid....