2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

really stupid....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

have been trying to get this hooked up for 2 hours! is there some seceret!? took forever last time too but I had my husband switch off trying....im so mad

Old 09-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the bracket on the lines bolted down to the lower intake? If you do, try loosening or removing the bolt so you can move things around a bit. I have had a heck of a time getting them back together on a few occasions.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Starting Member

so. I finished and its still sputtering....that wasn't it.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

if you look at the side of the injector body it is numbered for which cylinder the injectors go, and if you clean the intake manifold near the holes they are also numbered, just match them up.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Starting Member

they are matched up.......its not the injector.....gotta be something else

Old 09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

check fuel pressure, try to clean the mass air flow sensor. any trouble codes stored?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Starting Member

already cleaned the MAF, cant get any cleaner.....its a 0300 code....comes and goes....changed oil filter, fuel filter.....next options are cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires, maybe the 02 sensor?

anything before tackling the fuel pump!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

A misfire code. hmm...
It wouldn't hurt doing the cap,rotor, plugs and wires.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Starting Member

so I got ACDELCO spark plugs but they did not have that brand in the wires...so I have not gotten them yet....will it make any differance?
Also is the Duralast brand for the cap and rotor the one that I have heard is no good?

OOHHHH AND now when I turn the key (before turning the truck all the way on) my milage says 888888888.8trip then shows the milage...whats up with that?

there is a creaking almost fan spinning noise coming from the dash and slowly comes to a stop when turning the truck off.

ANOTHER THING I have been meaning to talk about is the low metalic ding that happens sometimes about 2 mins after starting the engine....also after I turn it off about 2-5 mins later the ding again....any one know what the hell that is? I imagine like when you put a cheap pan in the oven and it tweeks and pops.....then when it cools it settles back, just what comes to mind when I hear this. ANY IDEAS?

Last edited by BresBlazy; 09-09-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:28 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
so I got ACDELCO spark plugs but they did not have that brand in the wires...so I have not gotten them yet....will it make any differance?
Also is the Duralast brand for the cap and rotor the one that I have heard is no good?

OOHHHH AND now when I turn the key (before turning the truck all the way on) my milage says 888888888.8trip then shows the milage...whats up with that?

there is a creaking almost fan spinning noise coming from the dash and slowly comes to a stop when turning the truck off.

ANOTHER THING I have been meaning to talk about is the low metalic ding that happens sometimes about 2 mins after starting the engine....also after I turn it off about 2-5 mins later the ding again....any one know what the hell that is? I imagine like when you put a cheap pan in the oven and it tweeks and pops.....then when it cools it settles back, just what comes to mind when I hear this. ANY IDEAS?
I don't know about the cap since I only use GM parts since I work for a GM dealership. The display could be signs of a cluster going bad I think. Is the fan type noise coming from the right or left side of the dash? and the last noise sounds like your exhaust system makes noise as the metal expands and contracts with the heat.

Quick Reply: really stupid....