2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear Differential, Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear Differential, Fuel Lines

Possible, but I doubt it...

Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Starting Member
tkf5651 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a guy on craigslist who has the gasket and cover brand new for $22. I am going to pick that up monday and install, we will see how it goes.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: tkf5651
I found a guy on craigslist who has the gasket and cover brand new for $22. I am going to pick that up monday and install, we will see how it goes.
Um, is it chrome? A regular replacement at Advance Auto is like $13, and I want to say the gasket comes with it. But if not the gasket is only $4.

If it's chrome or fancy-schmancy then I could see the $22. I just bought the regular one and hammer-painted the outside to prevent rust.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Starting Member

It's OEM, advance auto doesn't have the cover in, and would take 5 days to order.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

$22 sounds about right for OEM parts.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The only time I saw an 8.5" on a 4 door was a fleet special order...

Specifically, RCMP issue

That definitely does appear to be a 7 5/8"

Since it doesn't look like mine

Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Starting Member

So far hardest part is getting all the bolts out, some are crumpling up when you even touch them

Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Starting Member

as you can see, I twisted the head right off of one of the bolts, I put it back together anyways, and I dont think that it is possible to get that bolt out without drilling it and tapping it so I will probably leave as is, and keep an eye on it, it isnt leaking right now so im going to let it live for a minute.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator

I would definitely get that out of there. It should be easy to drill and extract. Just center punch what is there first to make sure that you start centered. You'll also want to bolt down the brackets again...

Old 05-12-2008, 09:06 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

Gears look almostnew after you cleaned them up. Im doing this tuesday hopefully my bolts will come out they look prettttty rusty.

Quick Reply: Rear Differential, Fuel Lines