2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rear ends and motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Jason Rebellion is on a distinguished road
Default rear ends and motor mounts

sooo I finally had a shop look at my bravada to find out what was causing the front end vibration when i let off the gas while in gear, transmission shop informed me that it was motor mounts, and that the vibration and humming on the highway is my rear end going out also. they quoted me $1175 to install a junkyard rear end and replace both motor mounts. the motor mounts alone would be 280. Does $900 for a junkyard rear end sound about right? I took it to another shop for a second opinion and they came to the same conclusions on their own, and also informed me my front differential is leaking slightly. I posted this thread mostly to get an opinion on the prices but say i replace the rear end and mounts and i somehow were to forget to check the fluid in the front... would it hurt anything to just remove the cv joints and front drive shaft and make it 2 wheel drive? thanks for any help!

Jason

Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Beginning Member
rusty91 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds high priced for a junkyard axle check car-part .com they have many listings for rearends as for your front dif leaking that is common just check the fluid every 3 months and you will be fine or you can make it 2 wd you have to keep the outer part of the cv shafts in place they hold your wheel bearings together and your transfer case will leak if you pull the front