2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Replaced Spider Injector, Truck won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Dan R is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced Spider Injector, Truck won't start.

Hi,

I searched a little but couldn't find anything related.

I replaced the spider injector on my 1995 chevy blazer yesterday. After the installation, the truck started, but not happily, I just assumed because there was no fuel pressure in the lines. It ran for a minute or so and then stalled. It hasn't started since.

The truck will not turn over much. I say much because sometime it will turn over for a split second and stop. It seems like its grounding itself out, as there is major power loss while trying to start the truck.

I tried to jump start the truck and it just drains power, and won't turn over. I changed the battery to a good one from another truck, and it still does the same.

It seems like a grounding issue, but I don't think I touched anything that could possibly cause this issue. Maybe I am wrong..?

Anyway, I am wondering if this is common, or at least heard of from someone, as I am truly stumped on this issue at this point. I am usually pretty good with auto repair, but this had me completely lost.

Edit: Let me add that the truck was running and drove fine (aside from normal injector issues) before the repair.

I anxiously await someones hopefully helpful reply !!

Thanks!!

Last edited by Dan R; 06-12-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like the timing is off, when you removed the distributor, did you mark the location where the rotor was pointed? and did you install it so the rotor was pointed back in the right spot? That only works if the engine has not been rotated while the distributor out.. if the engine has moved while you were working on it with the distributor out have a read thru here https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/edi-engine-timing-24373/.. hope this helps

Last edited by Nvidia78; 06-12-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Thanks for your reply,

I didn't remove the distributor at all. I didn't need to touch it aside from unplugging the spark plug wires, which are all correctly connected in the correct order.

This is killing me, ive tried looking at the battery wires, grounding points, etc. I am completely lost :/

Originally Posted by Nvidia78
Sounds like the timing is off, when you removed the distributor, did you mark the location where the rotor was pointed? and did you install it so the rotor was pointed back in the right spot? That only works if the engine has not been rotated while the distributor out.. if the engine has moved while you were working on it with the distributor out have a read thru here https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24373.. hope this helps

Old 06-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Beginning Member
ragu is on a distinguished road

When I replaced mine, I couldn't get it to start. It just cranked. I sprayed some starter fluid in the intake and it tried to start. I gave it a rest for about a couple of hours and tried it again. It fired right up. Recheck your wires spark plug and sensors. Unplug and replug everything back in to make sure you have good contact. I would check if it is fuel or spark problem. Disconnect/reconnect the battery then try it again?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Well this morning I unplugged and replugged all the connections I touched, The battery was changed, I checked the grounding connections by the battery to the engine, and frame, and it still would not crank at all. Battery gauge drops all the way, lights all dim, and I heard some clicking, like the starter is trying to turn but not enough power to turn.

Battery is brand new, and checked good at the store before I left.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Sounds like the starter or the connections at the starter. Check the wires and make sure everything is tight. If so give the starter a few taps with a hammer. Don't kill it, just tap it. If it starts after the tapping, get a new starter.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:43 PM

Was just laying under the truck fooling with the starter.. All of the connections look tight, everything seems in order.

Starter was replaced not to long ago, and I have tried tapping the starter already, with no success.

Thanks for the replies everybody, this is one of the most frustrating things in a while, and I am sure its starring me right in the face.

Any other ideas?

Originally Posted by Frankiesurf
Sounds like the starter or the connections at the starter. Check the wires and make sure everything is tight. If so give the starter a few taps with a hammer. Don't kill it, just tap it. If it starts after the tapping, get a new starter.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Ching85 is on a distinguished road
Default re: truck wnt start

Remove spark plugs and engine should turn over. I'd say your prob is excessive gas in ur cylinders and as u know liquid is incompressible