2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Replacement Key FOB

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

i've had similar issues, i ordered a set of 2 from remotesremtoes and both died within a few weeks, not battery wise but just up and quit. they sent me one replacement since i had reported one failing but not the second, the replacement also had the same issue. Repalced batteries in all with several different coincells that i know have power and they refuse to program. its a royal pain in the dick actually and im not sure if its just a function of my work (busy kitchen = smacking keys on things constantly) so i dont want to pay 65$ for a Delco Fob.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:48 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the insight. To tell you the truth I have no idea what to expect at this point. The seller on E-Bay is registered as 'yourkeyelessremote.com' not sure of anything else. There is a Delco option? I was not aware. Could you pm me details.

At this point it is hit and miss I am not expecting anything spectacular to happen. The delivery date for the button fob with the right part number is around Sept

Thanks for the info

regards

Old 09-04-2020, 01:10 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by donald_archer
Thanks for the insight. To tell you the truth I have no idea what to expect at this point. The seller on E-Bay is registered as 'yourkeyelessremote.com' not sure of anything else. There is a Delco option? I was not aware. Could you pm me details.

At this point it is hit and miss I am not expecting anything spectacular to happen. The delivery date for the button fob with the right part number is around Sept

Thanks for the info

regards
Delco P/No. #15043458
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...430986&jsn=887
listed for an '05 Blazer but its the same P/N and remote throughout all makes.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:00 AM
Starting Member

Thanks for the link. I do not think this will work. The part number does not match the one on the back of my FOB. I have been told that if the part numbers do not match then they will not work. I will keep it in the back of my mind for a last resort

Thank you again

Old 09-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Amazon Amazon

I got this two years ago for my truck, a 2000 LS 4x4. Both programmed fine and work great.

Old 09-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Starting Member

thank you for replying to this I have bookmarked it and will maybe try it if the one from e-bay is crap

regards

Don

Old 09-16-2020, 06:13 AM
Starting Member

I have been informed that today is the day that the correct part number FOB should be arriving by Canada post.

Now, I have been thinking on what to do next if this new FOB does not work and apart from saying **** it and moving on like I should be doing. I had a thought. A few years ago I had to replace the ignition cylinder in the 98. I have started to wonder if when I turn the key off and on 3 time as per the instructions with the new cylinder maybe the system is not going into the program mode as it should and that is why I cannot get a new FOB to program.

Just wondering, Anyone have any thoughts?

Regards

Old 10-01-2020, 07:10 AM
Starting Member

OK the replacement key FOB arrived in the mail today. Late but at least it arrived I had pretty much given up. Its the right OEM part # and the FCC # on the case match the original.

Instructions printed and I am ready to go. Will see what happens. If this does not work I suspect its the new lock cylinder that is the problem

Regards

Old 10-01-2020, 08:48 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Really hope it works! Good luck, I've been following your headache, and its breaking my heart lol

Old 10-01-2020, 09:05 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Hope it works out for you!

Quick Reply: Replacement Key FOB