2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

So it begins

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Might get more attention if it were in the 2nd Gen Tech section instead of General Chat. Not many of the troubleshooters check this section for people looking for help...

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

I'm not sure what testing you had done previously. Hope the new pump works out for you.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Might get more attention if it were in the 2nd Gen Tech section instead of General Chat. Not many of the troubleshooters check this section for people looking for help...

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

I'm not sure what testing you had done previously. Hope the new pump works out for you.
Sorry about that, im just so used to hanging around the general chat. hehe.

Im sure it will fix the problem.

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

the blazer's and s10's fuel pump is fairly loud, so that's probably your problem. I wouldn't reccomend doing this but my buddy had to buy a new fuel pump for his bimmer (lol if you take out his back seat the fuel pump is right there) but he put the old fuel pump in the new box and returned it to advance auto they didn't even open the box so he pretty much got his for free. Not saying this is an honest thing to do but.... I've noticed most chain places don't question returns on stuff...

Old 08-30-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
the blazer's and s10's fuel pump is fairly loud, so that's probably your problem. I wouldn't reccomend doing this but my buddy had to buy a new fuel pump for his bimmer (lol if you take out his back seat the fuel pump is right there) but he put the old fuel pump in the new box and returned it to advance auto they didn't even open the box so he pretty much got his for free. Not saying this is an honest thing to do but.... I've noticed most chain places don't question returns on stuff...
Yeah im almost 100% sure its the pump, not to mention i already took the old one out.

WE busted up the old one a little bit so if they even opened the box i would look very stupid lol.

"oh i must have put the wrong one in there hah my mistake!"

hehe

Old 08-30-2011, 03:16 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Glad you got it fixed

I just got back from a power outage and network outage

Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 PM

Thats a bummer.

Truck isnt fixed yet, just got the pump in hand.

Gotta wait for the weekend to put it in.

Should be alot easier to get it in tho than it was to get it out plus i know how to change a fuel pump now

Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

haha i did it many times and im still counting

sucks that i did it in below 0 weather twice

Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 AM

forget that!!! haha

Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Shalom is on a distinguished road

I guess it's a bit late to jump in on this thread, given that the old pump isn't reusable, but you did check the fuse, yes?

(There might be a relay somewhere that unplugs; my '88 has one. If the 2nd gen has this, that's another possible point of failure. Either one's cheaper than a new pump.)

As to coupons, I have an Advance Auto around the corner. Had to get a battery recently and went googling for coupon codes... knocked $50 off a $190 battery.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:36 AM
swain3 is on a distinguished road

you may hear the pump but it will not let you know if you have the right pressure.

Quick Reply: So it begins