2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Soo... THIS is causing the neg camber?! With Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shotnva777
everything's fine with it. It only has a 6 inch lift I found out and I found brackets that come with the superlift kit that extend my upper control arms up to 6 inches for around $80. I'm going with that because that's what was recomended to me by a friend with the same vehicle. Go big or go home...
If you wanna go big and not go home with worn parts I still recommend a Solid Axle conversion. You'll get to keep the lift and tires with no extra parts to wear. IMO Neg Camber is a given on IFS, if you lift or lower you are putting wear on those ball joints and whatever else is in IFS, that it was not originally designed for.

We are just trying to help you out here. If you want to go ahead and try the longer Control Arms, for 80 bucks that's not bad, and worth trying.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

I'd say lower it an inch or two and then put a bodylift on it. Suspension will be normal and you can keep your tires.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mczuk
I'd say lower it an inch or two and then put a bodylift on it. Suspension will be normal and you can keep your tires.
I couldn't have said it better myself! I just figured out the problem and it was a SIMPLE fix. I'm not going to lie, it was making me mad that everyone was saying "SPEND A BILLION DOLLARS"... in a nutshell. Lol. I was just getting frustrated, I apologize...

The control arms are fine, everythings fine... the damn torsion bolts were tightened SO MUCH it was causing the neg camber but I see why the seller had it like such. I dropped it back down about an inch and a half with the torsion bolts and VOILA! The neg camber was COMPLETELY gone, sits flat as... I dont know, something really flat! Haha...

The problem is now I have a severe rubbing issue but its only on the corners of the fender well. I plan to hack off that corner tom and have a buddy fabricate something to go over it so it doesn't look "hacked" and I should be good to go. I have plenty of clearence for bumps and such, PLENTY. Just those corners are my issue, the tires will even clear the frame, not by much on that but they will! Again, this is just my daily driver and I don't do too much mudding unless I go on the beach and that's nothing but a sttaight shot... so I'm good!

Thanks again for all of you alls help and sorry we had to get so in depth for something SO SIMPLE! The truck even rides 100x's better now, which I didn't even think that was possible considering how good it road before! I've officially fell in love all over again and learned alot about the suspension and steering in the process! Saaawweeet!

So anyone that says 35's wont fit on a 6in lift ona 97 Blazer, well I'm proof. Ill post pictures tomorrow and show off her new stance and fender well. Good day mates and again GO BIG OR GO HOME!

New question... how would I do a body lift on just the front of the blazer just for EXTRA clearance? Or how would I kno if I already have it?

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-12-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:06 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Glad it was relatively "simple" for you! I read this thread at work and was planning on explaining it more in depth (that the camber was caused by the torsion bars being cranked) but now I see I don't have to.

Can't wait to see the pics of a Blazer without wobbly knees!

Originally Posted by shotnva777
New question... how would I do a body lift on just the front of the blazer just for EXTRA clearance? Or how would I kno if I already have it?

You don't. You both lift the whole thing or not at all. You'll know you have one by a large gap between the body and frame. More than an inch or so means you have a body lift. Judging by the side shot you posted... you have one installed.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road

Yea I checked it out, it looks like a possible 2in body lift on there now. I need to find out for sure tomorrow though, I guess by measuring the blocks? My dad said he can tell... if its a 2 I'm going to bump up to a 3 all around and if its a 3 I'm going to see if anyone makes a 4. Yes, I already know I will fall into problems with things reaching, I plan to try and find an entire kit.