2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Track Widths of European Blazers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough
Default Track Widths of European Blazers?

Hi all,

This is a bit of a nerdy, in the weeds question but I was wondering if the track widths of the 2nd gen Blazers in Europe were wider than the ones in North America.

I ask as I was looking at pictures of wrecked Blazers and noticed that with their European-only extra fender flares, it looks like the wheels/tires extend out to the edge of the flares.

Here is a link to one of them: https://en.bildelsbasen.se/?link=ite...st_id=26463062

I have the specs on the US Blazers. Does anyone have the corresponding specs on the European Blazers?

Old 09-29-2019, 07:52 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

On a similar subject, do the European Blazers use 6 lug wheels like the Indonesia Opel Blazer models? May be the reason for the flares; possibly it uses the 6 lug bolt pattern and the wheels just stick out further, so the flares were added to compensate.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
On a similar subject, do the European Blazers use 6 lug wheels like the Indonesia Opel Blazer models? May be the reason for the flares; possibly it uses the 6 lug bolt pattern and the wheels just stick out further, so the flares were added to compensate.
Surfing the the wrecking yard website, the wheels they offer look to be the same as those used in NA.
=120109100&vcx=2562&pc[0]=112121102&post_id=27977221]https://en.bildelsbasen.se/?link=item&searchmode=1&vc1=120&pc1=112&vc[0]=120109100&vcx=2562&pc[0]=112121102&post_id=27977221

Old 09-30-2019, 04:05 PM
Beginning Member
Shaun67 is on a distinguished road

UK Blazers have the same track as American ones. The only difference in the suspension set up is the Pitman arm and steering box to reflect the right hand drive conversion.The original wheels are again exactly the same as the US ones.The ones in the photos must be aftermarket.
The wheel arch flares are plastic and just bolt on. The only other visual differences are the LT had what would be the US LS grill and the side lights are amber as required by our legislation.
Hope that helps.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at 92 until 94 first gen and 95 to 97 2nd gen Blazers over here.

Same as Shaun67 said. Same same as for the flares.

My own 94 has the fender flares but wheels do nowhere near extend to the edge of those.
Back then there had been strict rules about what part of a wheel can project beyond a vertical at the fender flare.
Might have been one of the reasons we always had larger fender flares.

On the 1st gen, especially the 94 I'm sure the track is the same. Been looking into the rear axles and they are exactly the same.
Over here aluminium wheels were always the OEM not the option. As the number of vehicles was always limited in our countries, dealers ordered their Blazers in batches equipped to their liking. (Or what they thought they could sell best.)

I knew the guy who sold me my Blazer and we had that discussion. Basically in Switzerland they ordered the S10 in the best trim with leather interior and nearly all tech stuff. Only 4x4 vehicles through the GM dealers.
Usually all with the transmission and engine oil heat-exchanger including the large radiator because of the mountains.
Unfortunately for my 94 they did not pre-order the trailer package RPO so I had to splice in the whole wiring for the trailer, else it had already been there.

Track width front and back are exactly according the GM service manual.

I guess that many have shimmed their wheels with spacers. Also the wheels on the one pictures look aftermarket.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by error_401
I've been looking at 92 until 94 first gen and 95 to 97 2nd gen Blazers over here.

Same as Shaun67 said. Same same as for the flares.

My own 94 has the fender flares but wheels do nowhere near extend to the edge of those.
Back then there had been strict rules about what part of a wheel can project beyond a vertical at the fender flare.
Might have been one of the reasons we always had larger fender flares.

On the 1st gen, especially the 94 I'm sure the track is the same. Been looking into the rear axles and they are exactly the same.
Over here aluminium wheels were always the OEM not the option. As the number of vehicles was always limited in our countries, dealers ordered their Blazers in batches equipped to their liking. (Or what they thought they could sell best.)

I knew the guy who sold me my Blazer and we had that discussion. Basically in Switzerland they ordered the S10 in the best trim with leather interior and nearly all tech stuff. Only 4x4 vehicles through the GM dealers.
Usually all with the transmission and engine oil heat-exchanger including the large radiator because of the mountains.
Unfortunately for my 94 they did not pre-order the trailer package RPO so I had to splice in the whole wiring for the trailer, else it had already been there.

Track width front and back are exactly according the GM service manual.

I guess that many have shimmed their wheels with spacers. Also the wheels on the one pictures look aftermarket.
Thanks for clearing this up. Come to think of it, I might I might have heard of the European "no part of the wheel can stick out beyond the fender rule". It is always satisfying to learn of the reasons why something is the way it is.