2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Trailering

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Trailering

would that be like a "drop in" upgrade or would i have to go to a shop to have them do it?

Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite easy to do yourself. The grill comes off quite easily giving you all kinds of access for mounting it. You may need a drill for some mounting holes, but you can use the tie straps that go thru the condensor and radiator which are pretty easy. There is a plastic panel that can also be cut to allow for the hoses to pass thru using as short of a hose as possible. You may need to pick up some more 3/8" hose for the installation, most kits don't include enough.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I agree with kyle on doing the tranni cooler upgrade, my dad even suggested that to me when I mentioned towing a chevy fullsize truck across phoenix in the summer but I just went and towed it anyway and it did fine, but I would upgrade to a tranni cooler!!