2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Starting Member
truesmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turn signal not working

My turn signals both front and back on the right side do not work, the opposite side works fine. When you flip the switch to turn them all a weird sound happens and the idicator light on the dash stays solid green. Is there a turn signal relay that maybe is stuck and causing them not work? Anyone else have this problem at all? I thought maybe it was a bulb but sorta unlikely both are out. I have a 2004 blazer zr2. Any suggestions are helpful, thanks.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So when you push down on the hazard switch (the one on the top of the steering column), the lights on the dash just stay solid and nothing blinks? If so, you likely have a problem with the hazard switch itself and/or the whole multifunction switch. There is a lot of information here about both with how-to's for replacing them both in the Tech Article (DIY) section.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Starting Member

when i push down the hazard switch they all work and flash fine, think we have a wiring issue of sorts, grr. I haven't driven it today, my wife says the lights flicker when she hits the brakes, and radio cuts out, its acting really weird all together, could be a real pain, we will see.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If they all work fine, then the wiring is intact. The multifunction switch is the 'hub' (of sorts) that directs power to the appropriate areas for the brake, turn, and hazard functions. If the lights work properly when the hazard switch is active, there likely is something internally wrong with the multifunction switch.

Check out the schematic.

Attached Thumbnails Turn signal not working-04_zr2_ext_lights_sch.gif  
Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Starting Member

thanks, you talking the actual lever that switches things? The truck is in the shop for now thou, hopefully then can figure it out, extended warranty might pay off.