2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Turn Signal Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road
Default Turn Signal Problems.

Just happined on the way to work. Turn signal is applied, you take the turn and keeps clicking but no flashing turn signal on the dash. The bulb actually flicks though. Seems like it goes back and forth on different patterns. Apply brake, goes off and vise versa. I could be driving and just random clicks going off under the air bag passanger side area down below were the relay is. It's clicking when not engaged, no flasher on dash, but visibly going off to other drivers. May just have to replace the relay. I believe the emergancy relay is right next to it just behind the console. Also before this happened if you would indicate left, the clicking would still come from the right side, where the relay is. I always thought that the direction you signal, it should click on that side. Simply put it seems like your indicating right because of the clicking on that side.

Any pictures of the relay to help me out, any advise, prier experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Looked it up on google seems to be a common issue with the blazer or at least a one time fix.

Just got my WWW.BLAZERFORUM.COM matching decal font custom made/ordered from Quebec to match the Rocky Mountain decal set that came stock with my Blazer from Calgary. Just to show a little support to the forum. Picture of my Blazer will be up soon.

FYI: 1998 Blazer, 4X4, 4DR.

Again, thanks a lot Ladies and Gents.

- Tyson.

Last edited by Moores12345; 11-14-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Grammar.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Given that applying the brakes alters the pattern, I would say that the multifunction switch is to blame. Many times, replacing the hazard switch can fix the problem. Check out the Tech Article (DIY) Index link in my signature for how-to articles pertaining to this task.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Starting Member

So just replacing the hazard switch on top of the console could fix the problem?

Or are you talking about this:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/98-hazard-switch-replacement-37435/

I for the life of me can't figure out what is described in that thread, nor can I pick out what is in the pictures.

Thanks again.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The article you linked to is the book method for replacing the hazard switch. This same repair is also covered in this thread --> Broken Hazard Switch Repair

Old 11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The article you linked to is the book method for replacing the hazard switch. This same repair is also covered in this thread --> Broken Hazard Switch Repair
Ah perfect, hopefully this works. Thanks so much man.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Starting Member

Took my dash apart, took off the turn signal lever, open it up, cleaned all the copper parts and still no go. Everything works fine, except for when the key is in the on position or running I keep getting that clicking noise as if I have my signal on but it's in the neutral position.

My hazard switch on the steering column isn't broken, it works but can it just be just hauled up through and cleaned. Seems like it though to take out.

The hazard switch is 40.00 to order but I want to make sure it's the hazard switch that's the problem.

Thanks.