2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Unreliable A/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your truck came equipped with R134a refrigerant.

Compressor clutch short cycling is caused, most typically, by a low refrigerant charge as stated a few times already.

A quick question based on some of the information you have provided. Do you have all of the factory splash guards on under the truck, specifically the one that is located under the radiator that has the door in it for the oil filter? The guard under the radiator serves to help air flow through the radiator by deflecting air under the truck instead of having it flow up into the engine compartment from underneath.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Starting Member
TonyZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Splash guards? I didn't know big rocks make a splash when the underside of your vehicle hits them. lol I thought they were skid plates. Yes there are at least three, and the front one has the door to access the oil filter.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Starting Member

And I found out the AC Pro is apparently not sold in Canada. But that Red Tek kit is (with guage and 3 cans).

Old 09-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Skid on rocks with the factory plastic ones and you will know why they are only splash guards. ZR2's should have aluminum though.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Starting Member

Aluminum??? My ZR2's guards look like composite. And very dark grey in shade. Seems to have a bit of a mesh pattern also.

ZR2's having more than one material for those guards, makes no sense to me.