2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Vacuum block removal behind ashtray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Beginning Member
racechaplain is on a distinguished road
Default Vacuum block removal behind ashtray?

Hi everyone,
I recently went through the dreaded process of getting the hvac working. The shop I use finally found the issue to be trans fluid sucked through system and it took out the vacuum block behind the ashtray. Well, it seems the shop didn't blow out the lines and the new part they installed is junk now as well.
Can I access this part by taking ashtray out or do I have to remove hvac control unit and the radio to gain access? I have never heard much about the removal of this part, which seems to be culprit on many climate controlled Blazers with air blowing only through vents with eye scalding temperatures.
Any suggestions are appreciated. I can't take this sauna any longer!

Randy

Old 11-25-2023, 01:58 PM
Starting Member
Bottman is on a distinguished road
Default Vacuum block

Hello randy I just seen your question about the vacuum blok behind ashtray I'm typing this in my blazer looking at same thing how did you get it out ? I have a vacuum pump hooked directly to the black hose leading off the block and the only setting that will hold pressure is floor+defrost setting . And only thing I can get to move is the recirculation door . Iv hooked my vac pump to the actuators just above the gas petal and they do move and to the one that looks to open the heat box and it also moves so I'm pretty sure its the same clear vac pod you had trouble with I'm hoping I don't also have tranny fluid problems you did . How did you get it out? And how much did the shop charge you to replace the first one you had ? I know it's been 6 years but and information would be greatly appreciated so maybe I could save money by doing it myself and hassle of getting a ride to and from work while its there thanks you in advance if this message actually makes it to you

Old 11-25-2023, 05:15 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

This is an old thread, you would be best served to start a new one describing your problem. I do not know the answer to your question.

Old 11-25-2023, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
This is an old thread, you would be best served to start a new one describing your problem. I do not know the answer to your question.

Also, by starting a new thread you can make sure the question you ask is specific to your situation which can also help others in the future.

Go ahead and start a bew thread and I can see in the meantime I can see what documendocumentation I might have on this.