2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Various 97 Blazer problems! please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
callen82 is on a distinguished road

hello guys/girls! new to this forum and am in need of some help!

So here goes..while reading various posts on this site i can relate with alot of the folks on here as I have experienced many of the issues....! anyways heres my prob hope people can help!

SO i moved to Alberta from ontario and needed an out of province inspection. they said ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm etc....sooo i had that fixed and then the airbag light is on. stays on. wont go off...so now i need to fix that to have it passed. Any ideas why this might be...or better question how might i be able to "work around" this so that the light is off since this is all they want to see when i go back to get the inspection completed. just looking into the car to see the light it off.
PArt 2.... i have had some trouble starting the car with various things going wrong.... when i turn the ignition the battery gage is low...(in the red) and i need to give it some throttle to get it to start. I then usually need to keep the throttle on a little (1200rpm) for 30seconds or so before it will run and not stall out. yesterday it wouldnt fire over and i had no electrical at all.....i figured maybe loose connection on the battery terminals...took those off cleaned them off (was quite a bit of gunk and oxidization) and put it all back on....fired....but i still needed to do the same thing....rough idle...give a little throttle. now it wont fire, but it does turn over and the electrical all seems fine (lights on, display working, radio on etc) but wont fire over everytime....sometimes yes. other times no. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

update:

just went outside....wiggled the negative wires connected to the battery terminal and after a few tries...got it to fire....still needed to give it some stick tho....let it run for a minute....turned it off. same problem wont start again....seems battery is ok as there is power to systems in the car....but it reads in the red and seems to "drain" quickly...think it could be a low/dying battery?
ps. car does turn over just doesnt seem to have the juice to fire?!? i dunno im not great at this but i am damn well ready to learn!

Last edited by rriddle3; 07-30-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

How old is your battery? I would maybe replace the battery and both cables if they are suspect.
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Also, check your fuel pressure with a pressure gauge.
I would get a scanner and check for codes that may be stored in the computer... it will also let you re-set the airbag light... possibly long enough to pass inspection.