2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

visor light and head unit wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 AM
filoblazer is on a distinguished road
Default visor light and head unit wiring diagram

hi im form australia just purchased a 2001 LS blazer from japan i know its a american car but build in japan. Need 2 answer about my blazer.
1. where is the fuse box for the visor light?? is it in the engine bay?? because the light is on and the thing that turns if off is broken. i open the driver side door which is right hand side and there is fuse box on the right hand dash but one thing its all in japanese writing and i cant read it
2. Need the wiring diagram for the head unit, want to DIY my head unit
is there a website that that i can get the manual book for the ls blazer?

Old 10-23-2009, 07:58 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

The optional lighted visors are turned off by flipping down the lid over the mirror. Each visor has a switch in it pushed by the lid. I've been staring at "head unit" for awhile.... To me that means an unamplified audio receiver. Do you mean the driver information display in the overhead console? A schematic isn't quite that simple.... it would show you lights and switches, but I think the problem you're having is lighting controlled by your computer (Body Control Module specifically). For a temp fix (maybe): The lights are powered by fuse #8 CTSY in the dashboard fusebox. If they didn't put #'s on it, second column from the right - second fuse down. If that doesn't work, try the one to the left of it, maybe it's a mirror inversion thing with RH drive. If that doesn't kill the lights then your problem is a bad relay stuck on - or your BCM doesn't know enough to kill the lights. Unlikely the BCM is bad, more likely the relay is stuck on. Pull the bottom of your dashboard off and looking up in your dash you'll see a harness going to a plastic box next to that fuse panel. Slide it off the dash frame and take the bolt out of the cover and remove the cover. That's the Body Relay Block (should be around 10 relays in there) and the Inadvertant Power Relay is controlled by the BCM. If you look at that block with the mounting ears up, look down to the bolt hole then look down and to the right. Pull that relay out and it should solve your problem. As far as manuals, my suggestion is www.autorerepairmanuals.biz 3 volume factory manual set is $160 USD. Expensive, but it has schematics and procedures for everything. If you plan on working on a US vehicle with Kanji labeling in Australia buy 'em, information is priceless.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM

The lid is broken all I want to do is turn off the light on the visor

Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

The head unit he's refering to is the stereo, I think. With the CD exchanger in the rear or something like that.

Hey mate, I'm next door in New Zealand. (Auckland). Also have one of those strange Japanese/American things they call Blazers. LOL

I've just replied to your PM but in case you've not seen it just send me an e-mail kandebarnes@xtra.co.nz & I can give you heaps of info on these GREAT little trucks.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Easiest way to do that is take the 3 screws out out the visor mounting plate, pull it down and undo the electrical connector. There's no fuse for just those, they get power from a circuit hooked into all of your interior lights.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:45 PM

All done thanks guys kiwiblazer pm u back