2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What are the correct part number for my rear brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 PM
jeepattack89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the correct part number for my rear brake pads

I have a 1998 blazer ls 4 door 4x4 and I bought the rear brake pads on ebay and the seller says he will not ship the brake pads until I give him my old part numbers of my old brake pads. I am not a mechanic and do not plan to take the brake pads off myself. I just wanted to buy these brake pads to save some money as I need the new brake pads to give to the mechanic before he takes off the old brake pads since this is my only car and I can't do it any other way. So can anybody tell me what the part number is for my rear brake pads? Are there different brake pads and part numbers or do any fit as long as they are listed for a 1998 chevy blazer ls 4 door? Here are the brake pads part numbers I bought if it helps. Manufacturer Part Number: D729-7596, D729, D-729
Interchange Part Number: FMSI D729-7596, D729, D-729

or the pads I bought if anybody cares to take a look.

New Premium Performance Rear Brake Pads Set D729 7596 D729 30 Day Money Back | eBay

I just need to give him the correct part number.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Starting Member
Spree is on a distinguished road

What did you do that for?? Go to AZ and tell them you need new brake pads! There more then cheap enough! And come with a lifetime warranty! Ebay doesn't!!! I bought brake pad's year's ago and when I need to change them I go back and get more for FREE!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Spree
What did you do that for?? Go to AZ and tell them you need new brake pads! There more then cheap enough! And come with a lifetime warranty! Ebay doesn't!!! I bought brake pad's year's ago and when I need to change them I go back and get more for FREE!
There is no autozone in my area and because I am on a budget and have other bills to pay. Maybe something you know nothing about. And because the brake pads all do the same job about the same way and these brake pads were only $12.65 with free shipping and came with a 1 year warranty. I called a parts store and they are the same part number and will fit. You sure were quite helpful with your reply that was just the info I needed. What a great asset you are to the site.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jeepattack89
There is no autozone in my area and because I am on a budget and have other bills to pay. Maybe something you know nothing about. And because the brake pads all do the same job about the same way and these brake pads were only $12.65 with free shipping and came with a 1 year warranty. I called a parts store and they are the same part number and will fit. You sure were quite helpful with your reply that was just the info I needed. What a great asset you are to the site.
And this response was helpful to the site as well, the rudeness in your typing..
They were just trying to help you out. its literally not more than 8 dollars more for pads locally. That is ALL they were trying to say.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

What a di** response!! He was helping you by telling you not to buy those pads!!! I would never put a set of $12 pads on my truck from god knows where since they don't even say where they are made! Brakes are not something to cheap out on IMO. They stop your vehicle for gods sake!! AZ has a set of Duralast pads (which are a well know and reputable company) for $22 and they will ship them to your home sinze you don't have one local!!

Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM

And none of you with all your sarcasm and all your great advice has answered the question I posted. You all can't wait to chime in and agree with responses but none of you with all your advice can just answer the question I asked. If you didn't know the answer fine. But don't reply and tell me to go to autozone when there isn't even one in my area to begin with. That wasn't the question I asked. I didn't ask, Hey where should I go buy my brake pads from? You think a $12 set of brake pads is better then $22 set of brake pads? Why? There both cheap. Is it because they cost double the price? Price mark ups don't count as better material. It doesn't mean there better. It just means you paid more for the same product. These are semi-metallic pads the same as the oem pads. If any of you wanted to REALLY help you would of just answered my question instead of telling me to buy pads from autozone that isn't even anywhere close to where I live like I said. You say I should of just bought those pads online from autozone since there is no az near me. Ok isn't that what I already did but just through ebay at half the price? There is a 1 year warranty on them if there is going to be a problem it will be within a year. Some peoples brakes pads don't even last a year regaurdless of price paid or brand used. If you don't like my honest comments and take offense to the way I respond then you better look in the mirror because more then likely your the cause for me responding the way I did. I am me. Honest, and straight up. Give me a dick answer and I will give you a dick response. And 90% of all the affordable parts be it brake pads or what ever are made in "God knows where" for your information. Even honda has most of it's parts outsourced and made in China. That's not my fault or my concern. I have no control of where companies choose to have there parts made. I don't feel guilty at all buying from china or "God knows where".

Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Okay PMS. Gently grab the end of the stick, and carefully pull it out.
spree did not give you a d*** response. They were simply trying to help you get a better product for not much more money, not some ebay no name junk for 12 dollars. but, its your truck. If they just so happen to fail, dont really expect anyone to help you on here when you come with "how do i replace my front bumper, fenders and hood"

Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Well said rich!!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 PM

Can you two get any deeper in each others ***? Your still running your mouths but not saying anything. I figured out the answer to my own question yesterday, so why continue to post your stupid comments. Makes no sense. You say you know nothing about the brake pads I bought but you keep calling them a lessor product. Lesser then what exactly? Where are your brake pads made? What makes them superior? Are they ceramic? I don't want ceramic. They are semi-metallic oem replacement parts. So what your saying is chevy used junk inferior parts compared to autozone? Lmao give me a break. So lets say I bought those autozone brake pads and they fail. I would have to take the blazer to a mechanic and pay him to remove them and I would have to pay to send them to autozone for there "free replacement" for them to send back to me. While the entire time my blazer would be at the garage waiting for the replacements. So tell me again how they would be free for life and how much simpler it would of been? Can't help but sit back and laugh when I read your informative responses.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Your funny!! I bet we could get a little farther up eachother's a**'s if we tried real hard Fact is we are friends and are here to help others on the forum out with quality advice and to help get them back on the road safely even if it means recommending a more expensive product!! Had you not responded in the d*** fashion that you did I know I would have given you the answer to your question but when you act like a child be preparred to be treated as such. You come in here and your second post is you acting like an *** real cool buddy! Do you not realize that just because it says "semi-metallic" doesn't mean that the are created equally! There's a reason things are sold for so cheap on ebay and that reason is because they are poor or low quality cheaply produced products. They may be great pads who knows but I know that I would not put something on my vehicle that is designed to help keep me alive from a place and manufacturer that is unknown to me. The fact is that not all companies have the same checks and balances as others and by us recommending you go to somewhere other than ebay (in this case autozone) to buy pads from a company that you can actually read reviews and real customer feedback on the product should not be responded to in the way you did! I can't really seam to locate the post where any of us said it was a lesser product either can you point me to it please? I do see where we said that there is no way to know where it came from and and therefore buying a better or at least known product such as Duralast would be a much smarter decision. What makes them superior is the fact that they are produced by a company with a proven name in the brake world. You logic on the AZ warranty replacement is also flawed! You say you would have to take the truck to your mechanic and have him take the pads off and then wait for AZ to replace them (for free mind you) and that your truck would have to be down while this was taking place. What the he** do you think you are going to have to do with your ebay brake pads????? Think about it!! I would bet my truck on it that if this event did take place you would have your truck back up and running with fresh brake pads 7-10days (and thats being very generous) quicker with AZ than if you attempted to get this ebay seller to replace them under warranty. And if your intent is to just purchase another set of these $12 brakes rather than have them covered under warranty then guess what your already above the cost of the $22 set! I just don't get how you think its more intelligent? I mean I really do understand what its like to have to be on a budget and pinch pennies where ever possible but it is $10 for something that could litteraly be life or death I know which one I'm choosing! I'm not saying that the Duralst pads can't or won't fail either but at least I have the ability to do research on them and see what kind of failure rate the actually have rather than a silly little gold seal picture on the webpage that says "30 days money back satisfaction guaranteed". And then to top it all off if you would have just ordered them from AZ you would most likely already have them (since they have 1-2 day shipping to most locations in the US) and you wouldn't have had to create a profile and ask a question that you would have not needed to know by just purchasing it through AZ as their website doesn't need to be cross referenced!!

PS:Can't help but sit back and laugh when I read your intelligent responses.

Quick Reply: What are the correct part number for my rear brake pads