2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What are these parts?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 PM
sam.myers1985 is on a distinguished road
Default What are these parts?!

So I have a couple parts on my 2001 Blazer LT that I'm not sure what they are. I need help with figuring out what to replaced and where to get it, and then I need someone's help to figure out what something else is. But here are some pics with some details about the parts.

This picture if of some sort of bushing that I am missing, I'm just not sure what it is or where to get it. Does anybody know what this is called. This is located on the front of the truck btw:

This picture is of some sort of rubber piping that just sits where my oil filter is..It looks to go somewhere, but I have no idea what it would go to Does everyone have this, or is this suppose to hook to something:

And here it is again:

So yeah, if anybody knows what these are that would be awesome!

Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 PM
wrenchturner3529 is on a distinguished road

the 1st picture is the front suspension bump stop. Can be found in the self help area of auto parts store if the parts store doesn't carry the exact OEM part. You can try and match them if the other side is good.
Search: bump stop | Suspension Bump Stop | AutoZone.com

The last picture I'm not sure of trace it back to where it connects to something to see what it connects to. May be a part of the SMOG system that has been disconnected or removed??

Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Yep, the first is a bump stop, I just replaced both of mine. Got them from rock auto as stock replacements. Not too bad on price either, only $7.00 a piece.

But that 2nd and 3rd pic, I'd do what's mentioned above, I sure don't have a hose like that running down by my oil filter!

Old 05-27-2011, 06:51 AM
TouringMike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wrenchturner3529

The last picture I'm not sure of trace it back to where it connects to something to see what it connects to. May be a part of the SMOG system that has been disconnected or removed??
I agree, probably part of the air pump system. On the '01, it sits on the passenger side, below and behind the radiator. Should cause the SES light to be on if it's disconnected.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As stated, #1 is the bump stop and #2 & #3 look to be the intake hose for the AIR pump which, if disconnected, would not trigger a code right away, but may allow water/debris into the pump causing problems down the road. If it is the intake hose, it wouldn't be connected to anything else on the other end. It runs from the AIR pump up to along the passenger side of the radiator, about halfway up. This being disconnected will not cause a light in and of itself.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
As stated, #1 is the bump stop and #2 & #3 look to be the intake hose for the AIR pump which, if disconnected, would not trigger a code right away, but may allow water/debris into the pump causing problems down the road. If it is the intake hose, it wouldn't be connected to anything else on the other end. It runs from the AIR pump up to along the passenger side of the radiator, about halfway up. This being disconnected will not cause a light in and of itself.
Awesome man, that seems to be what it is. Whenever I do go thru some sort of mud or puddle, it seems to be that water gets sucked up thru something, and I figured that this could be what it was. I'll definitely take a look at that whenever I get home from work today, or possibly on lunch. What would this being disco. cause, anything major right now?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I was looking under the hood today, and I can't see anywhere that this thing would connect to. I looked on the passenger side of the radiator and still couldn't find anything. Is there any way you could get a picture of where this thing is suppose to be, or anyone for that matter. I'm just trying to make sure everything is alright for my trip to Uharrie next weekend. THanks guys.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:50 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Passenger side of the radiator shroud about half way down next to the fan, ought to be 2 small holes where there was a zip tie holding it up.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by RonJon
Passenger side of the radiator shroud about half way down next to the fan, ought to be 2 small holes where there was a zip tie holding it up.
Oh so it doesn't get plugged into anything? It's pretty much just the breather tube? So I guess it's a bad thing for it to hang that low considering I go mudding a lot lol.