2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What's Leaking Here? (pic included)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM
samurai_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What's Leaking Here? (pic included)

Is there a reason for changing the valve cover gasket?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not unless it is leaking...

Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
bitbandit is an unknown quantity at this point

i took the valve covers off so i could clean the top of the heads when i took my intake manifold off. i had coolant in my oil due to a leaking intake manifold gasket.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah gotcha. That's not the case here, but good info!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Another dumb question.... I was checking new gaskets from Autozone, and they have an upper and lower. Is that tutorial for the upper or lower? Sorry, I'm a little confused about it.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Administrator

The tutorial will be for the lower intake. The upper is the plastic piece.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:31 PM

Question.... where can I get a "fan clutch wrench" or "pulley holder". Can this be done without specialty tools like that?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator

I was able to remove and reinstall my fan clutch with a pry bar and a large adjustable wrench. It is easier with the proper tools, but they can be expensive.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 AM

Well, I had a car guy take a quick peek last night to verify. He spotted the leak right away. It looks to be in the same spot as the leak in the tutorial. I'll attempt the repair this weekend. I'll try to take pictures and share my results.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you! If you need anything else, just let us know!!

Quick Reply: What's Leaking Here? (pic included)