2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

whats the trick turn signal unplug??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:50 PM
mitch_houser is on a distinguished road
Default whats the trick turn signal unplug??

96 chevy blazer, 4.3, auto,Finaaly figured out how to click the air bag out of the way removed the 2 screws,but the plug in is a trick to getting it unpluged I dont want to break anyof the clamps in it because this is my problem and I need this one in tac.Any help diagrams anything thanks in advance Mitch

Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 AM
sunchiropractictables is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Undo the bolt in center of multi-plug

I've seen a lot of folks pull a blank here, and googled it myself to no avail yesterday. This is an older thread but I'm going to post the answer so hopefully someone else who needs it will find it.

If you are replacing the turn signal on a Chevy Blazer S10, at least the 1997 version which is about the same as the 96-2000+ models, follow all of the good instructions on how to get to the actual turn signal.

Now when you get to the part of having to unplug the connectors, follow the wires down the steering column to the multi-function plug which screws to the firewall right by the steering column.

You are not going to be able to just unplug the connectors. They are designed to fit into a cage that bolts onto the plug mounted to the firewall.

In come cases you will need to remove the screw holding the plug assembly to the firewall, this is so you can move the plug around to get on the bolt head in the middle of the plug cage (its a gold bolt right in the middle of the plug) Once you position the plug or yourself so you can get a ratchet on the gold bolt head, just loosen it. As you do you will watch the whole cage back out as as a complete assembly. Once the bolt is completely loose, just pull it the rest of the way out.

Now remove the top and bottom turn signal connectors. One side of the connector there is a slot, on the other a groove, and it fits into the corresponding shapes on the cage. You push the turn signal connectors "out" of the cage.

Once free pull the old turn signal out and then fish the new wires and turn signal in.

From the bottom fit the new connectors into the cage and pull them up into position. Now put the whole plug back in place, carefully line it up, and use the gold bolt in the center (tighten it) to pull the plug back into place.

Re-attach the whole plug assembly to the firewall.

There, it wasn't so bad.