2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Wiring Harness Behind Glovebox

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 PM
axehandle is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Harness Behind Glovebox

2001, 4WD

Ok, I'm replacing the heater core. Need to remove this one last wiring harness to get the dash off. I can't get the bolt out of the middle. It rotates but won't come out--been going at this for about an hour. Sockets, Pliers, etc.. any advice on how to get this out? Or am I disconnecting this harness wrong all together? Picture attached.

thanks,
Axe

Attached Thumbnails Wiring Harness Behind Glovebox-cq1iz.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Starting Member
bromanjr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by axehandle
2001, 4WD

Ok, I'm replacing the heater core. Need to remove this one last wiring harness to get the dash off. I can't get the bolt out of the middle. It rotates but won't come out--been going at this for about an hour. Sockets, Pliers, etc.. any advice on how to get this out? Or am I disconnecting this harness wrong all together? Picture attached.

thanks,
Axe
The bolt is retained in the connector by a clip, it will stay in the connector. Once the bolt is fully loosened and the connector will tip and wiggle, then you can pull the connector out of the socket. They usually put a couple weak hooks of plastic to hold the harness in place until the bolt is tight, so try and tug a little when it is all loose.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:29 AM
axehandle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bromanjr
The bolt is retained in the connector by a clip, it will stay in the connector. Once the bolt is fully loosened and the connector will tip and wiggle, then you can pull the connector out of the socket. They usually put a couple weak hooks of plastic to hold the harness in place until the bolt is tight, so try and tug a little when it is all loose.
Awesome, thank you! So I got the heater core exchanged and now I'm putting everything back together. This set of wires comes from the back end of the main wiring harness and I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. Do you know what it is? And where it goes? (Picture attached)

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Wiring Harness Behind Glovebox-pgbvp.jpg  
Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
bromanjr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by axehandle
Awesome, thank you! So I got the heater core exchanged and now I'm putting everything back together. This set of wires comes from the back end of the main wiring harness and I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes. Do you know what it is? And where it goes? (Picture attached)

Thanks!

On a Manual HVAC System, there is an Electric Actuator for temperature control. The schematic shows it has 3 wires, Black, Brown and Light Blue, these look like the colors in your picture.

The Actuator is near the top of the heater box and probably has an adjustable linkage bar connected to the arm on the actuator. The connector, where the wire plugs in I think is on top of the actuator (hard to see).