2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ZR2 DRL help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough
Default ZR2 DRL help!

So i was eager to do the AHL and DRL mods when i recieved my resistors. I did the AHL and it work fine, but light still come on when I shift out of Park. DRL's right? Well I remove black diode and bend pin #86...nothing happens. I bend it back and try #85. Still nothing. So I went to the site that was suggested. DADRL.com and it says "ZR2 specific" Yay right. Well its very basic I guess you could say. "Cut yellow wire on relay taped to wireing harness." Well i try this and still nothing.

Can anyone comfirm that they have done this on a ZR2?

Last edited by zedartwo; 01-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:53 PM

So I found some stuff lol

This is the only thing I could find taped to the wiring harness

These were under the carpet.

The Black and Red peice fits nicely in the connecter. And the wire is from I donno where. It was just under the carpet right with the other thing.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I haven't done it as I like having the DRL's but from my understanding, if bending the pin on the relay doesn't work you have to cut the yellow wire under the carpet. I'd have to look it up again to make sure.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert
I haven't done it as I like having the DRL's but from my understanding, if bending the pin on the relay doesn't work you have to cut the yellow wire under the carpet. I'd have to look it up again to make sure.
Yea, I found that write up, I just found a pic on Google of a guy in the process of doing it and he shows were it is. Its right in front of the brake pedal under both the carpet and rubber stuff. Pain in the ***, so I'm gonna tackle it tomorrow when I can get a little more time and it's supposed to warm up tomorrow too lol.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hey Brad...have you checked to make sure it's ok to remove the DRLs where you're at? I know it's illegal right across Canada, but do they enforce it out there?
I know down here the cops will pull you over in a heartbeat and slap you with a pretty hefty $200+ fine for not having DRLs. Happened to my buddy who has HIDs in lol.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:58 PM

They don't enforce a lot around here. They're pretty laid back. I don't want to completely remove all light, I just don't want my headlights coming on. I like the look of just the orange ones on. And I usually drive with my lights on anyways if there's any visibility problems. The last thing I need is someone hitting me cuz they can't see me.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

What i read was that you splice into the yellow wire at the headlight and ground it. I found that somewhere on here. I just did the relay trick. Are you sure you did the right relay?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 PM

The wire at the headlight is for the quad beam mob. With the quad beam mod and drl, you get into some funky problems. I know what I have to do now. Its just a pain in the a**.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Beginning Member
blazinnzr2 is on a distinguished road

does yours have the dome overide button by the headlamp switch just push it 4 times and they go off or just put ue e brake on one click ... but than the BRAKE light comes on in the dash