Article Submissions/Discussions Have a Tech topic you would like to submit? See something that needs to be modified in a current Tech article, look here for the discussion thread.

Fuel Filter Replacement How-To-Write Up - DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
porkfriedrice is on a distinguished road

Hey, thanks for the ideas. I did finally manage to get the thing off. I posted here in a moment of frustration, I should have just kept on trying instead of whining about it on the internet!!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 PM
metalmeltr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by leeroy74
Did mine yesterday... The bolt on the fuel line was rusted and stuck on. Pb blastered it 4 times and would not budge. The only thing I have to add to this thread was to use a 20mm open ended wrench instead of a 21mm. I almost rounded off the end of the fuel filter bolt until I bought a 20mm wrench and finally got it off.
Yep these GM fuel filters are the only thing my 20mm gets used for.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:30 AM
porkfriedrice is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to have some sort of siphon action happen that causes fuel to constantly flow out of the fuel line while the filter is disconnected? I changed the Blazer's filter today, and had a quart+ (maybe two) leak into my dip pan. I first released the quick connect, then the threaded portion, then the bracket. By the time I swapped the filters and had everything buttoned up all that gas leaked out. Done this job a few times before and don't remember that much gas leaking out.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lenny must have deleted his photobucket account at some point since 2007 when this thread was created. I attempted to contact him to see if he still has these pictures, but the email address that is on file with the forum bounced back to me.

So, if someone could take some pictures of each of these steps and PM me once they are done, we can get this thread illustrated once again.

Thanks and sorry for the lack of pictures. Happens sometimes when a thread is so old.